2231 16 2020-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StuUK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23146 ft

United Kingdom

Hi all
New member here but I have owned and used early Phantom's, Mavic's and Inspire drones for a number of years.
I just bought a used P4P V1 as I always liked the camera and sample pictures and video's I have seen from the 1inch sensor.

Unfortunately The P4P I have bought seems to have the dreaded Horizon tilt when turning (pan, yaw) problem.
Not my video but this is the exact problem.

This appears to be a very well known problem with the P4P
From my serarching and forum digging this problem can occur after the P4 has been in storage for some time or after a f/w update.
However I have not seen any information that this is user fixable by firmware refresh, IMU calibration, gimbal calibration etc etc. once it has the problem.

Can somebody from DJI confirm this is a known issue with the P4P v1 and offer a solution?

Thanks
Stu UK

2020-8-16
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

same here , still no solutions from Dji

0:50 Min Horizon tilts

2020-8-16
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Phantom 4 Advanced Gimbal Noise issue and Horizon Problems

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D559%26typeid%3D559

2020-8-16
Use props
StuUK
lvl.3

United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 8-16 08:27
same here , still no solutions from Dji

0:50 Min Horizon tilts

Yes exactly what I see on mine but it happens with all yaw movements not just occasionally
2020-8-16
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

StuUK Posted at 8-16 08:56
Yes exactly what I see on mine but it happens with all yaw movements not just occasionally

mine do when i turn the drone itself
2020-8-16
Use props
StuUK
lvl.3

United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 8-16 09:12
mine do when i turn the drone itself

Yes thats right. Ive spoken to a well respected independent drone repairer here in the UK and he says the problem is with the gimbal yaw/roll ESC.
It  erroneously moves the roll motor when yaw is detected.
Makes sense as that is exactly what I see.
It would be great if DJI could comment and confirm!
2020-8-16
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

StuUK Posted at 8-16 09:27
Yes thats right. Ive spoken to a well respected independent drone repairer here in the UK and he says the problem is with the gimbal yaw/roll ESC.

yes Maybe Esc camera Mainboard ( Acelerometer) problem after crash , not Crash on Mine ..... this is the issue , more user didnt Crash the Drone and the get the same problem......
2020-8-16
Use props
StuUK
lvl.3

United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 8-16 09:41
yes Maybe Esc camera Mainboard ( Acelerometer) problem after crash , not Crash on Mine ..... this is the issue , more user didnt Crash the Drone and the get the same problem......

I dont think mine has ever been crashed as it is immaculate otherwise.
I think it is a weakness in the gimbal roll/ yaw ESC. I suspect it can just fail.
I've seen quite a few reports where it just starts happening for no apparent reason.
2020-8-16
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

StuUK Posted at 8-16 10:12
I dont think mine has ever been crashed as it is immaculate otherwise.
I think it is a weakness in the gimbal roll/ yaw ESC. I suspect it can just fail.
I've seen quite a few reports where it just starts happening for no apparent reason.

Spot ON !! for no apparent reason
2020-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 and please calibrate the gimbal of the said drone. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-8-18
Use props
StuUK
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-18 06:29
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 and please calibrate the gimbal of the said drone. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

I have already done this a number of times but the fault is still there
2020-8-18
Use props
Jgeeves
lvl.1
Flight distance : 316401 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

StuUK Posted at 8-18 06:34
I have already done this a number of times but the fault is still there

Hello, did you find a solution to this issue? I’m experiencing Exactly the same thing.

J
2020-8-21
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Jgeeves Posted at 8-21 10:07
Hello, did you find a solution to this issue? I’m experiencing Exactly the same thing.

J

Just waiting rensponse from moderators....
2020-8-21
Use props
StuUK
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Jgeeves Posted at 8-21 10:07

J

I found out after doing a lot of research that if a firmware refresh/IMU Calibration/Gimbal calibration doesnt fix it then the problem is a hardware issue. Most likely with the combined yaw/roll ESC in the gimbal.
Most authorised repairers would just replace the complete camera / gimbal for $$$$$
An independent may replace just the ESC but there are problems matching this to the motors.

Luckily mine was a recent purchase off ebay so I've returned it for a refund
2020-8-21
Use props
Grant Essex
lvl.1

Canada

StuUK Posted at 2020-8-16 09:27
he says the problem is with the gimbal yaw/roll ESC.  It erroneously moves the roll motor when yaw is detected.

Did he say what the solution was?  On a different thread, qpilot said he just replaced the whole gimbal to solve the problem.  Since i have the same problem i would just prefer to have the old one fixed.
2021-5-27
Use props
StuUK
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Grant Essex Posted at 5-27 18:11
Did he say what the solution was?  On a different thread, qpilot said he just replaced the whole gimbal to solve the problem.  Since i have the same problem i would just prefer to have the old one fixed.

Sorry but i have no further details
2021-5-28
Use props
Grant Essex
lvl.1

Canada

StuUK Posted at 2020-8-16 09:27

I just replaced the gimbal Y/R ESC circuit board on my p4p and the new one filed instantly.  Heated up very quickly and burnt one of the ribbon cables.  Also, the camera movements were very irratic and made grinding noises.  I can't explain it.
2021-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules