Motor Stop When Crash / Bad Landing. It's automatically or not?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andikape
lvl.2
Flight distance : 455259 ft
Indonesia

Last day i practicing with my p3 pro in wide area park, im on latest firmware and dji pilot app 1.2.0 on android. Using oppo Find 5
The flight is smooth, no issues at all ,i was able to hovering steady , make some altitude, and landing smoothly with motor still turned on.
When i try to turn off the motors, my two tumbs accidentally push the two stick down! (i have no idea why im doing this)
cause my p3 to lean backwards and two back propellers hit the ground, and then automatically shutdown.
Immediately i release the right stick to center when keep the left stick down, and then all motor shutdown properly
i have seen a lot of video on youtube that when the aircraft hit something or crash, the motor (propellers) automatically shutdown itself (when the other still running)

is this phantom 3 pro feature to automatically shutdown motor?

2015-6-21
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

What is your question? Does your drone still run or not?
2015-6-21
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The P3 motors only shutdown automatically if it detects the Phantom is upside down ( or close to ).

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack for the Phantom 3
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-21
Use props
jbcenterprise
lvl.2

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-22 04:26
The P3 motors only shutdown automatically if it detects the Phantom is upside down ( or close to ).

Hello sploodge, You are very knowledgeable of the Phantom
quads . I get a tremendous amount of info from your post. Been fling RC's along time, Started playing with drones about 7 months ago P2-P2+ and now P3p. Have no problems to speak of.
But when I read some of these post I get a fear to fly,
Am on the new FW and with  VPS is off as I read on your post.
If you ever get a chance post how you have you app set up, camera settings as well.
You no must have yours set perfect. Again keep offering your knowledge , I really learn alot.
Thank You
Michael

2015-6-21
Use props
Silentwitness
lvl.3
Flight distance : 286637 ft
United Kingdom

I would imagine that the motors didn't shutdown, but did not have the torque available to continue turning when in contact with the ground.
2015-6-21
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

jbcenterprise@a Posted at 2015-6-22 05:02
Hello sploodge, You are very knowledgeable of the Phantom
quads . I get a tremendous amount of in ...

He may be knowledgable but he is not entirely correct. The motors will shut down individually in the event they are forced to stop even without the drone flipping upside down.
2015-6-21
Use props
andikape
lvl.2
Flight distance : 455259 ft
Indonesia

giant Posted at 2015-6-22 04:19
What is your question? Does your drone still run or not?

after than "stupid" landing i started the motor and it flight normally.
my question is when propeler hit the ground, it there any failsafe on the motor to turn off automatically to prevent more crash?

@Silentwitness
i would agree the two propeller have lost torque so it is not spinning again until i restart the p3

@jhall651
thanks for your information.so p3 turned off propeller itself when hit the ground
2015-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules