Does not run with Android 6.0 (Galaxy J5)
5689 4 2020-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cristianos
New
Flight distance : 4797 ft
France

Hey guys I got a Samsung Galaxy J5, and I can not run DJI v1.1.6 Fly with it.

I am wondering if the Samsung Galaxy J5 really runs the DJI Fly App as indicated in mavic mini dowload center https://www.dji.com/fr/downloads/products/mavic-mini
NB : v1.1.5 is mentioned but it is v1.1.6 downloaded  !
Android 6.0 required but it is impossible to run 1597032400479-DJI-v1.1.6-200730-823-44394-official-sec.apk on my Samsung Galaxy J5 (Android 6.0).

Does anybody of you have a good experience with that phone and the Mavic Mini?

I am wondering if the Android 6.0 is really compatible with the DJI Fly v1.1.6 as mentioned in the download center and in the Google Play store !

NB : Security Option “Unknown sources“ allowed on my device.

Thanks for your help

2020-8-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Cristianos. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Mavic Mini and uses this mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy J5 ) . In addition after checking the mobile devices ( Samsung Galaxy J5 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and for the said application. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy J5 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and with the said drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while in use. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2020-8-17
Use props
Cristianos
New
Flight distance : 4797 ft
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-17 20:48
Hello there Cristianos. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Mavic Mini and uses this mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy J5 ) . In addition after checking the mobile devices ( Samsung Galaxy J5 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Mini and on the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said drone and for the said application. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy J5 will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and with the said drone we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while in use. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your response.
After another verification, my Samsung J5 runs Android V7 and it is Android 6.0 or upper which is required for the product Mavic mini.
As you said, this mobile device is not yet recommended for the said application but a "list of compatible devices" is different of a "list of recommanded devices" and i think also that I have purchased a product compatible whith my device. If not, DJI mavic mini and DJI Fly specifications are false ?

Anyway, i am not planning to buy a new smartphone as it would double the price of that product !

As i said, it is impossible to test if my Samsung Galaxy J5 is able to run the DJI Fly because it is impossible to install 1597032400479-DJI-v1.1.6-200730-823-44394-official-sec.apk.

Could you send me the previous .apk file (v1.1.5) to see if it is possible to test the DJI application and my Samsung J5 together in simulation mode using the DJI assistant ?

Thank you,

Cristianos
2020-8-18
Use props
Puna
New

Netherlands

Hello all,

I tried to install the DJY Fly app 1.1.6 on my phone but the installation does not finish.
It starts installing, but after several minutes it simply gives 'app not installed'.
I am using a Nokia 3.1 with Android 9.
DJI Fly 1.1.5 was working fine on my phone. I downloaded it from your site.
Can you give the link for 1.1.5 so I can reinstall this version of DJI Fly?
Now the drone is not usable for me.

Thanks in advance.

Puna.
2020-8-31
Use props
Tomek_J
New

Poland

If I'd know DJI forces users roughly to waste their money for buying new smarthones with no real, well-founded reasons, I'd never buy DJI drone. I undortunately did, noone taold me I must check smartphone compatibility first. I feel deceived.
2022-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules