Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bad Controller? (new, just opened)
935 2 2014-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have a brand new (opened yesterday) Phantom 2 Vision+ Version 3.

Everything appears to work well with one exception; that being camera control (via the thumbwheel).  Moving the thumbwheel down moves the camera very smoothly down but moving the thumbwheel upwards results in the camera sometimes moving down and then up, sometimes moving down and staying down until I move the thumbwheel more towards the up.  When I view it in the Assistant software I can see the needle jump around as I move the thumbwheel (and yes, I have calibrated it many times).

Video is

I start by moving the thumbscrew upwards, then allow it to center.  Next I move it downwards and again allow it to center.  Notice how, especially when moving the camera control upwards that the controls are VERY erratic.

Bad controller?
2014-11-20
Use props
ronniecrossbone
lvl.2

United States

I am supposed to receive my new P2v+ 3 on Tuesday, I will let you know.
2014-11-20
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I contacted the seller and they confirmed this to be a bad control knob and are sending out a new unit along with a return postage label!

After reading all the nightmare stories about new purchases and quality control and/or repair times (which I try to ignore for the most parts) I can say that while it isn't a perfect story (because there was an out of box failure) the company I purchased from was quick to respond to emails and are sending out a new replacement controller AND a pre-paid label to return the bad one!

I would most certainly suggest this company for a place of sales and great service (and they have the new Vision+ V3 in stock)!
2014-11-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules