Advice needed, please help!
787 1 2020-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
avesita
New

United Kingdom

Hello everyone and hope you are well, I just completely smashed my Mavic Pro.

Had a problem with the gutter and though i would send my drone up to check on it since i don't have a ladder. Took some footage at the back of the house where the problem was, all good so far, then thought i might also check the front. At the front there are some trees, but i did not hesitate to send it off since they are quite high.

After taking the footage i auto landed and my Mavic Pro for some reason went really high up before landing and got cought in the trees.

The result to this crash was quite brutal:
- the gimbal completely fell off the body of the drone (wires diconnected and all), camera and camera lens seems intact, no scratch
- all my propellers are broken
- one of the motor arms does not fold back in place properly, and the wheel at the tip, where the proppeler goes seems damaged as well, light cover on the motor arm is also broken, don't know if the light works tho

Have no idea about internal damage.

So my questions would be:
Did anyone have a similar experience with auto landing, is it normal for the drone to go so high before landing or do you think that might be an error?
What was your experience with sending your drone to DJI for repair in a matter of shipping, cost, time and how happy where you with the product out of service and returned?
Does DJI cover the cost if it's a software problem (just in case my drone going so hight while attempting to auto land was an error)?
It is worth to get DJI Care Refresh and would that work in my situation?

Any tips that you think might help are much appreciated.

Thank you!

2020-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi avesita, I am sorry to hear about the crash. It is suggested sending the drone back to our repair center for service. Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index
Regarding your questions about the accident, please double confirm if you used the autolanding or RTH at that time, if RTH was applied, if RTH applied, the drone may ascend to the preset RTH altitude to execute the returning, please refer to the manual below for the details.
If there is a doubt about the accident, you can also apply for data analysis if the drone is within the warranty period, we will check on the exact reason and provide you with a proper solution.
For the cost of the repair, it will be based on the damage, the local team will assess the drone when they receive it and confirm which parts needed service.
DJI Care Refresh is not able to be purchased for the drone now as it had been damaged. However, if you send the drone to our repair center, after the repair, you'll get an email invitation to purchase the DJI Care Refresh for the drone within 72 hours if the drone had not bound to the DJI Care Refresh before. RTH.png
2020-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules