945 3 2020-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Intrakota
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13607077 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,
I have a DJI Mavic Enterprise Dual, the Smart Controller, the latest version of remote controller software installed 01.00..0700 and DJI Pilot app version 1.7.2 which is not the latest but all appears to be fine with the compass - its accurate and North is where its supposed to be

When I Install the latest version of the app into the controller, version 1.8.0, because it keeps reminding me to do so, the compass immediately becomes inaccurate by 85 degrees and North is then at the 275 degree position instead of where its supposed to be according to my separate pocket compass.

Does anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it please. I have calibrated the compass and also restored factory settings in the controller more times than I can remember. Support are asking me to return the controller to Holland but I'm of the opinion that its the V1.8.0.update that is at fault although my Mavic Pro with Crystal Sky doesn't have this issue as I also use DJI Pilot V1.8.0 in there too.

Thank you.  Best.  
2020-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Intrakota, could you please provide a video of your case? We'd love to check further about this. Thanks.
2020-8-18
Use props
Intrakota
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The equipment, Smart Controller and CrystalSky are now with the repair centre. I only have a photo of the error. Maybe if your damned website wasn’t to backward to use I’d be able to upload it so you could have a look at it.
2020-8-21
Use props
Intrakota
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Intrakota Posted at 8-21 07:45
The equipment, Smart Controller and CrystalSky are now with the repair centre. I only have a photo of the error. Maybe if your damned website wasn’t to backward to use I’d be able to upload it so you could have a look at it.

The Crystal Sky was returned to DJI Holland for an unrelated matter and was replaced for a second time under warranty.
The smart controller was inspected and returned with “ device up to date, no fault found”
A further note from DJI stated I should wait for a further app update but they were not able to indicate when this may happen - if ever.
The compass error continues on the smart controller, the Crystal Sky compass performs perfectly, both devices running latest DJI Pilot.
2020-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules