12Next >
39114 41 2020-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill R
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14350 ft
United States

How do you charge your phone from the controller  on a mavic air 2?
2020-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Bill, may I know what mobile device you are using?
If you are using an Android device, the phone will be charged automatically.
If you are using an iOS device, you can enable charging on the DJI Fly app, go to the Control setting > Phone Charging. 1.png
2020-8-17
Use props
djiuser_yAhER8Z9am2W
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101785 ft
  • >>>
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 8-17 19:46
If you are using an iOS device, you can enable charging on the DJI Fly app, go to the Control setting > Phone Charging.[view_image][Image]

Hello Susan ! Can the automatic phone charging be disabled on android ?
2020-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_yAhER8Z9am2W Posted at 8-20 00:05
Hello Susan ! Can the automatic phone charging be disabled on android ?

No, charging is not able to be disabled on Android devices as it needs a certain current to keep the communication.
2020-8-20
Use props
-Marcin-
lvl.1
Poland

Hi, I noticed neither my iphone or Android phone (USB c cable) arę being charged. iPhone gest charged for one second after plugging in. So im not sure if everything is ok with my controller. Could You Guide me with steps in DJI Fly to enable charging iPhone? Thanks
2020-11-30
Use props
MobAp
New

Austria

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-8-17 19:46
If you are using an iOS device, you can enable charging on the DJI Fly app, go to the Control setting > Phone Charging.[view_image]

Please provide an option for automatic charging on iOS. I sometimes forget to activate the option which causes the iPhone's battery level to rapidly drop.
2021-5-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MobAp Posted at 5-14 19:28
Please provide an option for automatic charging on iOS. I sometimes forget to activate the option which causes the iPhone's battery level to rapidly drop.

May I know which drone do you have?
2021-5-17
Use props
JeremyM33
lvl.1

United States

Did the phone charging option go away with an update recently for iOS? This is very frustrating. I have a Mavic Air 2.
2021-5-19
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yea I don't see it anymore with the Fly app v1.4.2 which other threads say it's now gone. I've confirmed it's removed-- you can pull down your sceen and check the phone charging icon status and No charging of device. I've checked both my iPhone 11 and iPad Air and no charging.
2021-5-19
Use props
djiuser_9JKvho0ExUmN
New

Austria

Yeah can confirm it … since update yesterday the option charge phone is gone. This is really bad since I am a mountaineer and having a full phone battery is safety critical
2021-5-19
Use props
djiuser_jOZgtuoY6POR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51178 ft
United States

Yep, the charging feature is definitely not there!  I truly hope DJI adds this feature back on!
2021-5-22
Use props
CTT Channel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

An update should bring improvements not the opposite ... Indeed, it is very frustrating. This is the reason why I did not update to 1.4.2
2021-5-22
Use props
EmpieDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741102 ft
Belgium

CTT Channel Posted at 5-22 10:51
An update should bring improvements not the opposite ... Indeed, it is very frustrating. This is the reason why I did not update to 1.4.2

The Charge function was not an option anymore in 1.4.2  Should be an always on function now. BUT ??? Due to an error this charging function on my iPhone 11 & MA2 with all the latest updates was only working for 1 sec..... NOW !!! There is a new update 1.4.3 and? It should be solved...
2021-5-24
Use props
CTT Channel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7843156 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

EmpieDrone Posted at 5-24 02:02
The Charge function was not an option anymore in 1.4.2  Should be an always on function now. BUT ??? Due to an error this charging function on my iPhone 11 & MA2 with all the latest updates was only working for 1 sec..... NOW !!! There is a new update 1.4.3 and? It should be solved...

Hope this gets sorted out in the next update...
2021-5-25
Use props
djiuser_JT3rSorkNlkN
New

United States

Also updated and having same issue. Option is gone and phone is no longer charging. This is a critical feature!
2021-5-26
Use props
djiuser_xs5GPcW7EJY4
New
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2020-8-17 19:46
If you are using an iOS device, you can enable charging on the DJI Fly app, go to the Control setting > Phone Charging.[view_image][Image]
Hello, I’m always put to charge my phone when i need it, but since yesterday this option isn’t enable for me, i cannot put to charge or not to charge anymore!   OMG!  Can you help me?!  
2021-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_xs5GPcW7EJY4 Posted at 6-5 07:32
Hello, I’m always put to charge my phone when i need it, but since yesterday this option isn’t enable for me, i cannot put to charge or not to charge anymore!   OMG!  Can you help me?!

Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have improved the charging management function on the DJI Fly app, and have set iOS phones to be charged by default once they are connected to the remote controller. Thank you for your understanding.
2021-6-5
Use props
Glendhu DJI
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 6-5 19:38
Hi there, sorry for any inconvenience caused. We have improved the charging management function on the DJI Fly app, and have set iOS phones to be charged by default once they are connected to the remote controller. Thank you for your understanding.

Hi, just to clarify the above.
I have a Mavic air 2, have not used it much. I use an iphone 6s that i keep just for the controller.
I can set charging from controller to phone in the menu but have to do it each time. The above reply suggests this should be done by default.
Do I need to update the controller? I was pretty sure I already had the latest update but could you tell me yes or no before I start searching for 'how to's'.

Thanks
2021-6-24
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Glendhu DJI Posted at 6-24 11:14
I have a Mavic air 2, have not used it much. I use an iphone 6s that i keep just for the controller.
I can set charging from controller to phone in the menu but have to do it each time. The above reply suggests this should be done by default.

You need to update the DJI Fly app to 1.4.4.   When you do that, the phone will automatically be charging off the RC and you will not be able to deselect the option.  This can be problematic with the iPhone 6s as charging and using the app when flying and any other apps you may have up can cause the 6s to overheat and when it does the screen dims making it hard to see what is on the display.  
2021-6-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Glendhu DJI Posted at 6-24 11:14

Hi, you can update the DJI Fly app to the latest version. After the update, the option to charge the phone or not will be gone and charging the phone is a default setting.
2021-6-25
Use props
fans2e110932
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1173189 ft
Hong Kong

I found that the phone will be charge automatically once I connected to the controller. You may try to go to the home screen to check whether it is charging or not.
2021-8-1
Use props
Glendhu DJI
lvl.1
New Zealand

fans2e110932 Posted at 8-1 09:40
I found that the phone will be charge automatically once I connected to the controller. You may try to go to the home screen to check whether it is charging or not.

Hi again,
The above thread sorted out the charging issue by updating the firmware.

I have since upgraded to a Mavic Air 2s and have the same problem again.
I updated firmware on handset to 1.4.8.
I have to manually select the charging function.
Is there anything I can do about this?
2021-9-2
Use props
Glendhu DJI
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 6-25 00:02
Hi, you can update the DJI Fly app to the latest version. After the update, the option to charge the phone or not will be gone and charging the phone is a default setting.

Hi again,

I have since upgraded to a Mavic Air 2s and have the same problem again.
I updated firmware on handset to 1.4.8.
I have to manually select the charging function.
Is there anything I can do about this?
2021-9-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Glendhu DJI Posted at 9-2 11:34
Hi again,

Hi there, currently, there is an option for iOS users to charge the phone by the controller or not, you can enable the option if you would love to charge the phone, it is not a default setting, you can enable it manually. Thank you.
2021-9-3
Use props
Glendhu DJI
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 9-3 04:52
Hi there, currently, there is an option for iOS users to charge the phone by the controller or not, you can enable the option if you would love to charge the phone, it is not a default setting, you can enable it manually. Thank you.

Hi, so it looks like this function was updated for the Air 2 to always charging, ( with the update you recommended I install), but not for the Air 2s. is this something that will be updated in the next firmware version?
Might I suggest making it auto on by default with an option to turn off, since you mentioned possible over heating options)
2021-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Glendhu DJI Posted at 9-5 08:19
Hi, so it looks like this function was updated for the Air 2 to always charging, ( with the update you recommended I install), but not for the Air 2s. is this something that will be updated in the next firmware version?
Might I suggest making it auto on by default with an option to turn off, since you mentioned possible over heating options)

I will note down your suggestion and let our engineers notice this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
2021-9-5
Use props
Glendhu DJI
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Susan Posted at 9-5 23:59
I will note down your suggestion and let our engineers notice this. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Hi, is there any update when this charging function will be available on the Air 2s?
2021-10-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Glendhu DJI Posted at 10-2 10:24
Hi, is there any update when this charging function will be available on the Air 2s?

Hi, currently, users may need to enable the charging manually in every flight. Hope your understanding.
2021-10-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have version 1.4.8 on an iPhone and cannot find the charging option anywhere. Can you please tell me where it is?
2021-10-19
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 10-19 18:22
I have version 1.4.8 on an iPhone and cannot find the charging option anywhere. Can you please tell me where it is?

It should be located in the Control tab in the Fly App towards the bottom. Remote Controller - Phone Charging On/Off
2021-10-19
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 6-25 00:02

Hi Susan.  I think this auto-charging issue is why some phones (like the new top-end Sony Experia 1 lll ) fail to connect; the phone refuses to charge as the power is insufficient, and that prevents the phone from connecting to the drone (Air 2S in my case).  So this option is actually stopping phones connecting.  
2021-10-19
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

RedSky119 Posted at 10-19 21:01
It should be located in the Control tab in the Fly App towards the bottom. Remote Controller - Phone Charging On/Off

You are correct...but you must have .0670 firmware installed to get the option.
2021-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ian in London Posted at 10-19 22:23
Hi Susan.  I think this auto-charging issue is why some phones (like the new top-end Sony Experia 1 lll ) fail to connect; the phone refuses to charge as the power is insufficient, and that prevents the phone from connecting to the drone (Air 2S in my case).  So this option is actually stopping phones connecting.

Hi, there. I'm sorry to inform you that you cannot turn off the remote control to charge your Android device while connecting to the DJI App. That's because according to the AOA protocol of the Android system, a certain current needs to be maintained during communication. So when connecting to the Android device, it will always charge the Android device with the 5V 500mA specification. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-10-19
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-19 23:02
Hi, there. I'm sorry to inform you that you cannot turn off the remote control to charge your Android device while connecting to the DJI App. That's because according to the AOA protocol of the Android system, a certain current needs to be maintained during communication. So when connecting to the Android device, it will always charge the Android device with the 5V 500mA specification. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Yes, I think that's the issue though.  5v 500 mA is only 2.5 Watts, and that is insufficient for some more powerful phones.  So in this case, the phone goes into a charging failure loop instead of actually connecting with the remote.  That's why it just keeps clicking and fails to connect.  
2021-10-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedSky119 Posted at 10-19 21:01
It should be located in the Control tab in the Fly App towards the bottom. Remote Controller - Phone Charging On/Off

Sorry, I was referring to the Mini remote. Evidently that one does not support device charging. When I attach the Mini 2 remote, that one does have the option.
2021-10-20
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 10-20 13:41
Sorry, I was referring to the Mini remote. Evidently that one does not support device charging. When I attach the Mini 2 remote, that one does have the option.

I used the charging option once or twice with the MA2 remote when I forgot to charge my  phone before flying, but usually have it off. I didn't realize the option wasn't available on the Mini remote. Good to know.
2021-10-20
Use props
RedSky119
lvl.4
Canada

Rustic17 Posted at 10-19 22:38
You are correct...but you must have .0670 firmware installed to get the option.

In my case, I haven't installed the new firmware for the MA2 yet. I'm still on .0610 and the charging option is available.
2021-10-20
Use props
FalcorII
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213970 ft
United States

Hi, iOS user here. Why does this setting not stick? I would like it to stay enabled after I change the setting. If I am trying to get to a shot quickly with an almost dead phone I almost always forget. Thanks!
2022-1-15
Use props
Saberfly
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_yAhER8Z9am2W Posted at 2020-8-20 00:05
Hello Susan ! Can the automatic phone charging be disabled on android ?

I have a band aid fix! On a newer android, enable the option to stop charging at 85% buy charge the phone to 100% first. It wont draw from the controller until it gets to 85%. 15% takes awhile to get down to!
2022-6-4
Use props
djiuser_WUyG2bJeahHw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 364764 ft
United Kingdom

Why does my new dji remote controller that came with the mini 3pro only charge upto 3 lights ?
20220623_130630_058.jpg
2022-6-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules