Any Solution to the Gimbal Replacement Issue?
528 4 2020-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mdeblasi1991
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9183 ft
United States

The gimbal faces to one side after replacement on the latest firmwares. Is there a way to fix this?
2020-8-17
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Which came first, the gimbal replacement, or the update?
Was it working before the update?
You might try to reflash the update using the assistant, maybe it did not take...
2020-8-17
Use props
Mdeblasi1991
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9183 ft
United States

Flycaster Posted at 8-17 07:26
Which came first, the gimbal replacement, or the update?
Was it working before the update?
You might try to reflash the update using the assistant, maybe it did not take...

From what I remember, after the installation I received an error regarding transmission between the gimbal and IMU. I downgraded the firmware and then upgraded the firmware. The error disappeared, but the gimbal still faces to one side. During calibration it does center for a bit, but then turns to the right again upon completion. I've read in the forums that DJI has incorporated this intentionally to prevent people from repairing their own gimbals, but I am not sure if this is an accurate statement.
2020-8-17
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

It would not surprise me. DJI even killed the option to choose what firmware version to use for the AC.
I'm still on 3 year old firmware from cracking the box open...
I would go back and double check all the connectors and the ribbon install again. I take it you see image from camera?
Can you do a "system reset/default thru the assistant, as in like a reformat the bird?
2020-8-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Since multiple troubleshooting steps has been done on the DJI Mavic Mini and the issue still persist. It is best for you to contact our DJI support team to further diagnose, analyze and repair the said drone. Rest assured that our DJI support team will do their best to assists you regarding this matter. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules