Can someone else confirm this voice control behavior?
510 5 2020-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone else confirm this behavior?

Turn on the voice control.

Say "START RECORDING"

observer the camera recording, then say "START RECORDING" again.

one would think if it's already recording it should do nothing, but that is not what happens,
it instead stops recording.

2020-8-17
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

to me VC is a gimmick  just say it clearly, and not to say   things that will  cause vc to stop  I learned that with gopro.  when doing camera talk.
2020-8-18
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 8-18 03:22
to me VC is a gimmick  just say it clearly, and not to say   things that will  cause vc to stop  I learned that with gopro.  when doing camera talk.

Yes, it does stop once in awhile but the issue is the command "START Recording" will stop a current active recording session.  Would it not make more sense if the camera is currently recording to "Do Nothing" if it hears "START RECORDING" again?

It does it eveytime and is easily reproducible and seems to be a programmed behavior not a fluke where it thinks you said "STOP RECORDING"

Without a remote control that can start two cameras the VC is the only way I can start two cameras at exactly the same time on a Kayak.
2020-8-18
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Yi technology asked us to help out on VC
do not ask me how that went Lol

Gimmick.
2020-8-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. I have forwarded this thread and concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.
2020-8-18
Use props
djiuser_DYNygzbCOXBZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148241 ft
United Kingdom

In my experience Voice Control is useless. If you have it on the camera is also prone to taking unexpected random photos. This is a known bug. I keep Voice Control switched off. To be fair to DJI, Voice Control in the GoPro is also bloody useless
2020-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules