Deleting the photo and video data doesn’t free up space, DJI fly issue
4472 9 2020-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The app says it’s using just over 8gb of space. I went into DJI fly settings to delete the video and photos but the space taken by the app is still the same. I’m using an iPhone XS. The only way to flush the data is to uninstall and reinstall which isn’t ideal because I lose all my app settings.  Why isn’t this bug fixed? Why have the option to delete the data but it doesn’t actually work?
2020-8-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you haven't tried do this. push on the me Icon and from there push on
the settings button in upper right. From there go to clear cache and clear
out what you want. This will restore some storage.
2020-8-17
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Woe Posted at 8-17 14:57
If you haven't tried do this. push on the me Icon and from there push on
the settings button in upper right. From there go to clear cache and clear
out what you want. This will restore some storage.

Yeah what I am saying is I did it through the app settings but when I check the space the app is using it is still the same. It doesn't actually clear the space off the device clearing the data through the app.
2020-8-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried to delete the data through iTunes ?
2020-8-18
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 8-18 01:15
Have you tried to delete the data through iTunes ?

I'm not sure how you would do it through iTunes? It's just annoying that I have to delete the app to clear the space. I lose all my gimbal settings and everything else etc.
2020-8-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

22340179 Posted at 8-18 13:02
I'm not sure how you would do it through iTunes? It's just annoying that I have to delete the app to clear the space. I lose all my gimbal settings and everything else etc.

With the phone connected you can goto iTunes (or finder on. Mac) and goto the files tab and then expand the DJI app to see what its storing.
2020-8-19
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

There was another thread on this a month or two ago.  I don't use my #$%&* iPhone for DJI so I did not pay that much attention to that thread, but as I recall, the summary was that it's an iPhone issue, not a DJI issue.  Deleted files aren't really deleted until you do it through Apple application - some equivalent of file manager (whatever the heck that is in iOS).
2020-8-19
Use props
apongos
New

United States

I had the same issue (deleted on MAC, couldn't see the photos or videos on the DJI app, yet there was no internal space available). Resolved by showing hidden files on MAC file explorer and then pushing "Command + Shift + .". Then I saw hidden .TRASH folder, and the files were in there! I then emptied the hidden .TRASH folder and the internal storage space was available.
2023-7-1
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

It's an iPhone issue.  Do a little searching here and you will find the solution.  You don't need to delete the app.  Can't give you more details - I'm in camp Android.
2023-7-1
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
United States

It's an iPhone issue.  Search the forum - it's been discussed MANY times before.  I don't remember the solution as I live in camp Android.
2023-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules