Is it even possible to use DJI Care Refresh on an Inspire 2
1443 11 2020-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JimmyStud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 179777 ft
United States

Had a bit of bad luck with an Inspire 2.  It seems impossible to make care refresh claim. I've spoken with 4 different customer service agents, they all say the same thing. I can get a NEW replacement by paying the $209.00.  I had purchased the care refresh as soon as I had a s/n to submit. I received the I2 in July and have less than 10 hrs. Flight time. I would happily pay the $209.00 to receive an Inspire 2 that was in the same condition as mine was before the incident, Bascially New.. In the "DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement" it never mentions that since it's been over 15 days since I received it, that they have qualified engineers to repair the drone.
It Does state that I may choose whether to have it repaired or "replacement unit will be in new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability."  I'm not a lawyer, but that seems pretty straight forward.

Could someone who really knows, let me in on the Joke of blowing $339.00 just to be jerked around for three days now?  

2020-8-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, Jimmy. If you have an active DJI Care Refresh for your unit and want to send it back for Service, you can opt to use it and pay for the replacement fee which costs $209 for the first replacement and $329 for the second replacement instead of paying the full repair quotation.

To check the status of your DJI Care Refresh, you can go to this link: https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage

To open a ticket, you can reach our Contact Support via this link to assist you: https://www.dji.com/support or create an Online Repair Request: https://www.dji.com/service/repair
2020-8-17
Use props
JimmyStud
lvl.3
United States

Thank you for your prompt response, Diana.  I purchased the coverage the day I got my serial number..so that site checked. I believe I have also exhausted all options on the other two, but I will try again.  I have Tried  as well as the Express and as I stated,  multiple calls to customer service.  The websites offered  state that that it has been more than 15 days since I acquired the drone or since it was an accident, I am not able to get a new replacement, only repair mine.   I will attach 2 pictures.  
Again, thank you for any assistance.
2020-8-17
Use props
JimmyStud
lvl.3
United States

2020-8-17
Use props
JimmyStud
lvl.3
United States

Ms. Diana
I checked the Status of my coverage, and yes it is active.  I purchased it last month.  I checked the other two recommended links and they are the ones that have been running me around in circles.  Same things I listed above..  I am just trying to get what was promised me and in the written DJI CARE REFRESH SERVICE AGREEMENT.  Tomorrow will be day 4 of getting nothing accomplished.
PLEASE, someone, anyone, help.  I am attempting to branch out and add to my COVID failing contracting business, by adding drone video.  I have spent over $10,000.00 of the last bit of credit I had.   I really need to get this drone back up in the air.  Please
2020-8-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

JimmyStud Posted at 8-17 17:06
Ms. Diana
I checked the Status of my coverage, and yes it is active.  I purchased it last month.  I checked the other two recommended links and they are the ones that have been running me around in circles.  Same things I listed above..  I am just trying to get what was promised me and in the written DJI CARE REFRESH SERVICE AGREEMENT.  Tomorrow will be day 4 of getting nothing accomplished.
PLEASE, someone, anyone, help.  I am attempting to branch out and add to my COVID failing contracting business, by adding drone video.  I have spent over $10,000.00 of the last bit of credit I had.   I really need to get this drone back up in the air.  Please

Hi JimmyStud, the replacement request under the DJI Care Refresh is applied through the Repair option. Please start with the repair process, and tap "I have a DJI service plan" and finish the process.

The local team will check the drone when they receive the package and send you the repair quotation along with the DJI Care Refresh replacement quoation. When you pay the DJI Care Refresh quotation, the drone will be replaced. Please don't worry.

Besides, you can also use DJI Care Refresh Express replacement service, we will send out the replacement once we receive your drone, which will greatly shorten the time required for replacement. To start with the Express replacement service, after you tap "I have a DJI service plan", a window will pop up for you to use the DJI Care Refresh Express service, click "learn more" to use the DJI Care Refresh Express service. Hope this provides you with some info.
2020-8-17
Use props
JimmyStud
lvl.3
United States

Ms. Diana,
I actually have tried those options  I’m just extremely uncomfortable admitting pilot error when i truly believe that the incident is a combination of both hardware and pilot error.   But, i trust you and will do as you recommend.
2020-8-17
Use props
JimmyStud
lvl.3
United States

This what I get when I try to Pay.,..

No solution yet, this is as far as I can get to using express.  It would Not let me click I have a DJI Service Plan.  

Ive been working on this for over 8 hours.  I sincerely hope there is a functional solution when I get up in AM.
2020-8-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

JimmyStud Posted at 8-17 20:43
This what I get when I try to Pay.,..
[view_image]
No solution yet, this is as far as I can get to using express.  It would Not let me click I have a DJI Service Plan.  

I am sorry for the difficulties.  Since the title mentioned about using the DJI Care Refresh, I thought using the DJI Care Refresh Express is a good option.

However, in your situation, I'd love to clarify, if there is a doubt about the cause of the accident, I recommend that you start a repair request (do not use DJI Care Refresh Express), and click the option to apply for data analysis. When we receive the drone, we will manage to invesitgate the reason for the crash as long as the drone is within the warranty period. If it is confirmed that the accident was not caused by the pilot, we will get the drone repaired for free.

If a case is not able to be created on the website, you can also contact our support via email to help to start a case. http://www.dji.com/support
Thank you for your cooperation.

da.png
2020-8-17
Use props
JimmyStud
lvl.3
United States

I am willing to accept some of the responsibility, I do not want anything for free, especially if it is going to add multiple days until I receive a new replacement drone. I have absolutely no problem paying the contracted fee of $209.00 and using one of my replacements.  
Please, direct me to a website or phone number, that will allow me to input my information, request a NEW Replacement Drone and pay the $209.00.   

Thank you, again, for your time and assistance.  
Jim
2020-8-18
Use props
JimmyStud
lvl.3
United States

Diana.
I went ahead and sent it in, accepted Responsibility, requested a new replacement.  We shall see. Wish me luck.
Thanks.
Jim
2020-8-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

JimmyStud Posted at 8-18 10:47
Diana.
I went ahead and sent it in, accepted Responsibility, requested a new replacement.  We shall see. Wish me luck.
Thanks.

You're most welcome, Jim. You will receive notifications once we receive the drone. You may also check the progress here once we checked-in and log in the details of your unit. Thank you again for your patience.

REPAIR PROGRESS INQUIRY
2020-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules