Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJIGO APP
1090 14 2020-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GlenH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16 ft

United States

[I]Hello
I have a simple question
I have just purchased a Phantom 3 Advance used, but looks brand new, I have a Phantom 3 Professional also.
the problem with the Advance, is it was updated and he said it wouldn't fly no more, can this be fixed by reinstalling the firmware??
and also on the DJIGO APP do I need two copies of it on my tablet, one for the Advance and one for the Professional???
Or can I just use the one App for both??
Thanks for any help
2020-8-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

he said it wouldn't fly no more, can this be fixed by reinstalling the firmware??
Probably not .. it will depend on what the problem is that's stopping it from flying.

and also on the DJIGO APP do I need two copies of it on my tablet, one for the Advance and one for the Professional???

Or can I just use the one App for both??
You can use just the one app for multiple drones.
2020-8-17
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Updating firmware can often cause conflict between the three components, drone, remote and App.
"He said it won't fly anymore" - have you tried firing it all up yet? Do you get any error messages? What do the "status lights" tell you on the drone and RC?
Can you tell us which firmware version you have in the AC and the RC and which App version have you got?
2020-8-18
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

Well I hadn't got the drone yet, get it tomorrow
like I said he updated the firmware and it wouldn't fly after that, it was flying before the update
and the APP I am using is the DJI GO APP
2020-8-18
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

Oh yeah the drone hasn't never been crashed  flew just a few times
2020-8-18
Use props
cheddar-man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

When you get it, fire it all up and via the GO app look what firmware version it's got installed.
It is also possible that the AC/RC have become "unlinked". We'll go through that when we know what's what.
2020-8-18
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

ok will do  and thanks for the help  lol glad I didn't have this problem with my pro
2020-8-18
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

well I got the advanced in today  both batteries charged and the controller
put a battery in the drone and it comes on but the controller wont connect to it
updated the drone but the controller want update at all try with connecting to the drone didn't work
tried using a flash drive didn't work. But if I turn the drone on then the controller I can move the camera down till it stops and back up but controller not connecting too the drone..
I tried to go the DJI GO APP and the controller will not connect to the app so I have a controller that is bad I guess.. any suggestions on this matter
2020-8-20
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

GlenH Posted at 8-20 23:20
well I got the advanced in today  both batteries charged and the controller
put a battery in the drone and it comes on but the controller wont connect to it
updated the drone but the controller want update at all try with connecting to the drone didn't work

I would reinstall the Dji app
2020-8-20
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

2020-8-20
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

I have tried this and it don't work at all the controller don't do anything..

But I took to controller from my Professional and tried it and the advanced drone and camera all works great
so I am thinking the controller is bad or a cable came loose I am going to open it up and look to see if all cables are tight
2020-8-21
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

Well I have tried everything with this controller
I put a flash drive in the usb port nothing happens
hook it to the drone nothing happens tried the c1 c2 and video buttons nothing happens
hook the controller to my phone and pad nothing won't get past the screen to go to camera
I think the controller is dead
2020-8-21
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

GlenH Posted at 8-21 15:55
Well I have tried everything with this controller
I put a flash drive in the usb port nothing happens
hook it to the drone nothing happens tried the c1 c2 and video buttons nothing happens

You can probably pick up a used controller for cheap online.  They still work after the drone winds up in a tree or a lake. LOL
2020-8-23
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

yeah I think the usb port board is bad or the cable try putting my board out of my other controller and it still didn't work
but did get a sound on my tablet this time and the camera splash came up but still no live video or connection
2020-8-23
Use props
GlenH
lvl.2

United States

Well thanks for all the help guys,
I took the controller into a tech today
and he said it would be cheaper for me to buy a used
controller, so I guess I will see if I can find one
2020-8-24
Use props