Phantom 3 4K newbie problems...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kaja.alyo
lvl.1

Slovenia

Hello,
I had bought used Phantom 3 4K and I have some problems / questions.
The app says that firmware is up to date.
First I have range problem. Last time I tried to fly as high as possible and lost connection and experienced big video lag when I got 80m high, about 10m away from me. It should have 150m range or am I wrong?
Next thing is random video lag. The quad can be right next to me and it will still have random video lag. What could be the problem with that?
And finally the footage quality. It`s laggy and it has alot of noise in it. For example if I fly over the field where some of grass is green and some is brown it will literally change colours of gras from green to brown (1second one area will be green and other one brown, the other second the colors will change with each other). I will post a footage, but I don`t have a drone with me right now.
I bought new sd card (sandisk extreme pro 64GB), but it`s the same.
I had also tryed 2.7k 1080p modes, it`s not any better, other settings are default.

2020-8-17
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Many users use the airplane mode on our mobile devices, this avoids unwanted internal processes, try this mode and maybe that lag is less or disappears.

This video shows how to set correctly camera configs

2020-8-18
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2020-8-18
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2020-8-18
Use props
kaja.alyo
lvl.1

Slovenia

Thank you very much. I will check videos when I get home. I have my phone in flight mode.
2020-8-18
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

kaja.alyo Posted at 8-18 02:25
Thank you very much. I will check videos when I get home. I have my phone in flight mode.

you are welcome !!
2020-8-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. First, for the connectivity and transmission issue kindly please try flying the drone in a different location with less interference like radio towers, power lines and metal structures to isolate the issue. Second, for the video quality concern may I know the model of the mobile device you are using please? Kindly please provide a short video sample of the video issue for better assistance. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-8-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Part of your perceived range problem is where you are flying. If you fly almost directly above the RC unit, you will get reduced range, as that is a really bad spot for good radio operation. Try flying further away and high.

The lag is normal for any of the DJI aircraft. They record an MPEG stream, and MPEG inherantly has lag due to the encoding process used.

The problem you have with the colour can be fixed by going into camera settings and disabling automatic colour correction.

2020-8-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You don't want to fly straight up.  Fly out instead of up.  Keep AC low but not too low.  Aim your stick antennas correctly.  Good luck.  
2020-8-18
Use props
fans68134eac
lvl.1

Slovenia

Thank you for all responses. I fixed video issue by going to 60fps in 1080p mode.
I understand range issue and live video lag now.
2020-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules