Mavi Pro 2 - Vision Calibration System
1292 23 2020-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ozanus
lvl.1

Turkey

Hi guys,
I hope you're doing well and safe during this circumstance.

I have a DJI Mavic 2, and I have got a Vision Calibration System error message unexpectedly. I did not get any damage, crash, or collision.
IMG_3998.PNG

I have installed DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic from DJI's official website on both Windows 10 and Mac OS X Catalina system and tried to calibrate Vision System, but when I was doing last part of calibration for back cameras DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic tool was frozen, and I was not able to complete the setup. I have tried to do one more time, but at this time, I have not got any video on the "Sensor Status" field on the left-hand side.

IMG-1376-min.jpg

I did some research on Google, Youtube as well as on DJI's Forum and I have tried to fix this problem with below steps, but none of them worked for me yet;
  • Restart Drone
  • Extract battery and wait a minute then start Drone
  • Change to the screen resolution on both Windows 10 and Mac OS X Catalina
  • Upgrade Drone's Firmware to the latest version
  • Downgrade Drone's Firmware to the previous latest version
  • Factory Reset

In the end, it still does not work for me, and I will appreciate your help if you have any experience with that.

Thank you
Ozan

2020-8-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like your screen is too small. I had a 13 inch monitor and it wouldn't work.
switch to my 17 inch and boom it worked. if you have a larger monitor try that.
2020-8-18
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621617 ft
South Africa

you should calibrate it
2020-8-18
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
South Africa

you should calibrate it
2020-8-18
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
South Africa

you should calibrate it
2020-8-18
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
South Africa

you should calibrate it
2020-8-18
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
South Africa

you should calibrate it
2020-8-18
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
South Africa

you should calibrate it
2020-8-18
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
South Africa

you should calibrate it
2020-8-18
Use props
ozanus
lvl.1

Turkey

Woe Posted at 8-18 07:49
Looks like your screen is too small. I had a 13 inch monitor and it wouldn't work.
switch to my 17 inch and boom it worked. if you have a larger monitor try that.

The interesting is that I did a setup for front cameras but I have got this black screen while I was calibrating back cameras.

In any way, I do not have a larger screen right now but I will try to find and test it again.

Another problem I have got is calibrating IMU, here is the error I have got
2020-8-19
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Along with the suggestion for larger screen, use a high resolution setting.
2020-8-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

ozanus Posted at 8-19 01:47
The interesting is that I did a setup for front cameras but I have got this black screen while I was calibrating back cameras.

In any way, I do not have a larger screen right now but I will try to find and test it again.

I have no seen this one before. Maybe someone else can ring in.
2020-8-19
Use props
xagoras
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1357589 ft
Greece

Where are you located? Is it too hot or too cold there, while you attempt the calibration?
2020-8-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I don't understand your dilemma. The screen is polluted with multiple reports of HARDWARE MALFUNCTION, yet you're trying to calibrate malfunctioning system ... What's the purpose of these failed attempts? Send the drone for repair ...
2020-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ozanus. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in calibrating the sensors of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Please try to calibrate the said drone using a monitor display of 14 inches or bigger is recommended for the calibration. Please set the display’s resolution to the recommended default value. ( Usually, the 14-inch display’s resolution should be set at 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 17-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1280*720. The 19-inch display’s resolution: 1366*768 or 1440*900. The 22-inch display’s resolution: 1680*1050 or 1920*1080. The 24-inch display’s resolution: 1920*1080 or 1920*1200.) Thank you.
2020-8-20
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

I read somewhere 2 monitor setup in not advised. If i turn off one monitor (or unplugged one cable out of gpu), would that help?
I also got stuck with calibrating m2p via my my laptop (17") at the end of the process (cant finish), by the way. My pc setup is 2x24".
2020-8-31
Use props
ozanus
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys,
Thank you all for your response and your interest in this topic.

There is no official DJI repair service in the UK and I had to send my device to Netherland for service.

Today, I have got an email from service that says there is damage behind Gimbal and it surprised me because I have never got any accident or collision, etc. and how could it possible to get damage for behind of Gimbal ))

Also, my device is still under warranty and I have DJI Care Refresh as well. Still, they have sent me an invoice to request payment for this replacement which is 265 euros.

What do you think guys, any suggestion?

Thank you
2020-9-2
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

There should not be any damage like that, it looks like pitting on the metal. None on mine after a year and a half and 70 hours flight time. Was it new or a replacement drone or kept in damp conditions? Sounds a bit iffy on djis part maybey. Regarding the calibration try the answers given by others. I have yet to get dji assistant to work on a 17 or 22 inch at any resolution, i think it has to do with windows 10 and dji poor software.
2020-9-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Although I have never experienced the pop up errors you had (which is a separate matter) I did have the issue of not being able to calibrate my vision sensors on my MacBook Air. The workaround is to click on system preferences>Displays and scale the display size to 720 on my 13" screen. It worked. So try that in future if you need to calibrate the sensors on your new drone.
2020-9-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ozanus Posted at 9-2 01:42
Hi guys,
Thank you all for your response and your interest in this topic.

The warranty only covers manufacture defects so they may have deemed that to be pilot error/accidental damage on your part. However, care refresh covers just that. You will have to pay an excess towards the claim (it's essentially an insurance policy) and they should send you a new one or refurb that is in perfect working order.

Be sure to reply to their email asap with the details of your care refresh plan (providing it is still in date as only valid for 12 months from the date of activation).
2020-9-2
Use props
ozanus
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thank you for your comments, guys.

The service in Netherland wants 265 euros to replace damaged part.

Any of you guys have got any experience with DJI Care Refresh in USA. How much do you need to pay for excees fee?

Thank you
2020-9-3
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

i will try to ask here, since it is somehow related:
how the hell do i finish side sensors calibration with rear legs closed, if i cant do this, since cable is plugged and right rear leg can't be closed like this?
2020-9-6
Use props
ozanus
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Here is the summary:
- DJI did not accept their responsibilities (as always)
- DJI did not want to cover repair under warranty or DJI Care Refresh (which valid in the USA only)

I have requested my device back to London to send it to the USA for replacement.

will keep you update.
2020-9-10
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ozanus Posted at 9-10 04:48
Here is the summary:
- DJI did not accept their responsibilities (as always)
- DJI did not want to cover repair under warranty or DJI Care Refresh (which valid in the USA only)

Interesting case
2020-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules