Repeating SD Card Space Message
3914 10 2020-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rotoscope66yahoo.com
lvl.1
United States

My DJI Friends,

After several successful flights and photography with my new Mavic Mini, a message began to appear in DJI Fly as the drone was ready to take off, "SD card space available.  Storage switched to SD card."  Even though I click okay, the message keeps coming back up, and the camera stops recording. (Photo attached)

First, is this message referring the the card in the Mini or the card in my Samsung S7 phone?

I have checked both cards, which are both 16GB 10 HC 1 cards.  Both have been properly formatted (in their respective devices) and have plenty of space.  My phone also has plenty of memory available.

Is this an error or a setting?  

How do I set the SD card as default storage?  

And, can I turn off the cache video recording to my phone?

All suggestions are appreciated, thank you!

--Carl

SD Card Message

SD Card Message
2020-8-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The message is referring to the Micro SD card in the drone, it has no idea what storage you have on your phone. Presumably, it is indicating that the 'internal' storage memory of the drone is full, so it is proposing to switch to the SD cad in the drone. You cannnot record to the SD card in your phone directly. Setting the SD card as default storage is done in the drone settings.

2020-8-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was this a Samsung card? I have seen the same issues with them in my Minis.

Yes, you can turn off the cache video to the phone/device. Look under Advanced shooting settings.

2020-8-18
Use props
rotoscope66yahoo.com
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-18 17:11
The message is referring to the Micro SD card in the drone, it has no idea what storage you have on your phone. Presumably, it is indicating that the 'internal' storage memory of the drone is full, so it is proposing to switch to the SD cad in the drone. You cannnot record to the SD card in your phone directly. Setting the SD card as default storage is done in the drone settings.

Can you indicate where, exactly, in the DJI Fly menu is the default to SD Card setting?  Thank you.
2020-8-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

rotoscope66yahoo.com Posted at 8-19 13:56
Can you indicate where, exactly, in the DJI Fly menu is the default to SD Card setting?  Thank you.

Sorry, but according to DirtyBird, I may have mislead you.
2020-8-19
Use props
rotoscope66yahoo.com
lvl.1
United States

Here is a video showing what's happening . . . https://youtu.be/0ZJfHZpWVTM
2020-8-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I will forward this thread and concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you.
2020-8-21
Use props
DesertSweeper
New
Flight distance : 344 ft
United Arab Emirates

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-21 08:33
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I will forward this thread and concern to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you.

Yes mine does this too. Super-irritating. Keeps popping up even during flying. I have a 128GB SanDisk Extreme Pro - completely empty and my mobile is a 1TB Samsung S10+ with over 800GB Free. But this message just keeps popping up. Latest firmware latest version of app.
2020-11-6
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Was the problem solved?
2020-11-8
Use props
staarpPeteHUN
New

Hungary

Hi!

Same issue. Can anyone post the sollution for this feature?

Thank you!
2021-2-26
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

I got the same thing first time I flew my Mini.  Problem was a uSD card that was not fast enough for the Mini.  It was a Class 10 card (below recommended specs, but I had several laying around).  Replaced that with a faster card and problem has never returned.
My assumption was that the card was right on the ragged edge of working.  The Mini would test it and it would pass the test, but would not work in real life, so it kept cycling on and off line.
2021-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules