DJI Craft to Fly in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
1382 0 2020-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jim Lewis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3166 ft
United States

I think it would be great if one could test fly one's DJI drone in the very realistic simulated whole real world of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 with real-world weather conditions (and, if you want, real-world aircraft as well as multi-player aircraft in the simulation besides you and your DJI drone.

Besides the effort it would take on DJI's part or the effort on the part of a committed DJI developer to develop simulated craft to buy in the MS FS 2020 Store, I imagine the problem is that FS 2020 sees the world largely from above 500 feet, not down near the ground with the details of the twigs and branches of trees and other obstacles like houses and buildings, power lines, telephone wires, radio towers, close up.

Before I ever lifted my DJI Mavic 2 Pro off the ground, I familiarized myself with its controls until I had good muscle memory with my Smart Controller hooked up to my computer via a USB-C to USB-C cable and it was great to learn to fly (or, er..., position) the drone via the DJI Flight Simulator.  But the free trial edition of the DJI simulator was very limited in what one could practice on and it would be much more useful if one could try learning to fly one's drone anywhere in the world that one wanted in real-world weather conditions within FS2020.  Maybe FS 2020 has the capability to add on greater scenery detail at ground level, in the same way that one can purchase or otherwise add handcrafted airports to the simulation.  So perhaps DJI could make some small change just by selling DJI drones to fly in FS 2020 and groundlevel detailed scenery to go with a particular locale.  Perhaps with what's going on with Tik-Tok there's not too much chance now of a happy collaboration between DJI and Microsoft but perhaps come the end of January, 2021, someone else will be in residence at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC, and a mutual effort might be more propitious.  It would be great if there were ever any DJI simulation for FS 2020 to be able to use one's drone controller hooked up to the computer, too, the same way it works for DJI Flight Simulator (sticking as close to possible as the way major controls work in real drone flight for use of the controller in the simulation).
2020-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules