Mavic Air 2 with a iPad mini G5.
1072 8 2020-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tony Bernardi
lvl.1
United States

I have an Mavic Air 2 with a iPad mini G5.  I have no issues with running the DJI Fly app on the mini g5.  But, while the camera view obviously has a much larger screen size than my iPhone X... none of the status icons are any bigger.   They are incredibly small.  I would have hoped that the additional real estate on the iPad over an iPhone would have improved the feedback of the aircraft and not just the camera view.

Does anyone feel the same?
2020-8-19
Use props
Bob-Mavic Pro Platinum
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

It would have been nice - for sure.  I have the Mini-4 and wear glasses, it is JUST acceptable for me.
2020-8-19
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Must be related to the iOS version. I have two Android setups, a phone and a tablet. The tablet numbers and icons are far larger than those on the phone.
2020-8-19
Use props
TucsonJim
lvl.1
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 8-19 20:38
Must be related to the iOS version. I have two Android setups, a phone and a tablet. The tablet numbers and icons are far larger than those on the phone.

What Android tablet are you using with Fly?  My tablet that I use with my Phantom 4 Pro won't work with Fly since it is 32bit.  Thanks.
2020-8-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

TucsonJim Posted at 8-20 11:34
What Android tablet are you using with Fly?  My tablet that I use with my Phantom 4 Pro won't work with Fly since it is 32bit.  Thanks.

I have two tablets that work, but the best one is an ASUS ZenPad Z8S P00J 16GB Wi-Fi + 4G (Verizon) 7.9" ($89 used)
I did have a few app crashes early on while using the MA2 in sport mode. I turned off the cached video and that went away. I use a screen recorder instead.

The other one is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (T290) ($99 used) which works perfectly for the Mini but not at all for the MA2 (app crashes all the time). Also it does not have an internal magnetic sensor, so no device compass, making it less than ideal.
2020-8-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Tony Bernardi. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out your valued insights with regards to this matter. After checking the said mobile device ( iPad mini G5 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application as of the moment. Rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for both the DJI Fly application and for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you for your support and for your understanding.
2020-8-20
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Hi Stephen
I understand the iPad Mini 5th Gen may not have been tested as a compatible device but I'd be a bit worried to that DJI recommend not using it? It is a considerable upgrade from the 4th gen Mini whilst using the same OS. In fact I think some users find the G4 struggles a bit running the Fly App and screen recording at the same time for instance. Will DJI be updating the compatibility list in the near future?
2020-8-20
Use props
Victory Drone
New
Flight distance : 18609 ft
United States

I also have been using the iPad Mini 5 with my Mavic Air 2 and have done testing with every feature in the Fly App and Mavic Air 2
and everything works great.
This is one thing I think Dji is falling behind on is having the Fly App work on more devices.
2020-9-11
Use props
djiuser_8GuXmQl39phy
lvl.1
United States

I am also using ipad mini 5 and air2 and so far no errors. I only have 2 weeks time to decide if i want to keep it. Its the perfect tablet size altho an aftermartket extender is needed it fits inthe mavic air 2 carry bag perfectly so thats a plus too. I was using a ipad mini 2 but cpu errors can be scary enuf to send back and spend more and hoping the mini 5 is the goto guy!
2021-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules