P3P 1.2.6 VPS Indoor Hover Test Video
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

With all the talk about the latest firmware and issues with the Visual Positioning System (VPS), I thought I would do an indoor test flight with my P3P, running firmware 1.2.6, and post the results.  The test procedure was as follows . . . take off indoors, hover at two feet (60 cm) and just leave it there for one minute with NO user input or stick correction.  As you can see, my bird was not completely stable.  It hovered in place withing a few inches vertically, but drifted about 12" (30 cm) in either direction horizontally.

I don't know if these results are good or bad, within expected parameters or not.  My gut tells me it's pretty good, although I don't know why it would wander all all, given that there is no wind other than the craft's own prop wash.  If your experience is better or worse, please post similar test results.  Thank you.

2015-6-21
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Might not like the pattern of your floor. I did mine over plain carpet and got similar results with wandering though altitude was very stable. Took it to another floor with different texture and lateral stability was much improved.
2015-6-21
Use props
leon
lvl.1

United States

Rigworker Posted at 2015-6-22 10:53
Might not like the pattern of your floor. I did mine over plain carpet and got similar results with  ...

I have heard a few others mention that is the limitations of the VPS, It does not do well an plain single color or textures, especially carpet and hardwood floors.
2015-6-21
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

Paint a 1" wide black 'X' on the floor under the P3 (or use black tape) and I'm picking it'd be rock solid. :-)
2015-6-21
Use props
JuanJax
New

United States

too close to the ground. and tiles pattern are not helping either.
2015-6-22
Use props
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

kiwichrish Posted at 2015-6-22 13:27
Paint a 1" wide black 'X' on the floor under the P3 (or use black tape) and I'm picking it'd be rock ...

Good idea . . . I will try that and see if it makes a difference.
2015-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules