mavic 2 and smart controller problem after update
1832 3 2020-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONELIVE737
lvl.1

Italy

Hi everyone.
After the last update of MAVIC 2 PRO (vers. 01.000670) and SMART CONTROLLER (vers. 01.000700) I had three fail safes in one working week.
It seems that the app on the S.C. crashes and forces me to restart the controller itself, after which I can regain control of the drone. During the disconnection phase the Mavic continues to work and, in one of the three cases, the RTH has started.
Also, after the update, the signal seems less stable than before.
This had never happened before the update.
I have heard of others who have had the same problem and would like to know if there is a solution, as it could be quite dangerous to no longer have a precise and safe connection during the flight.
Thank you.
Stefano

2020-8-20
Use props
jk0610
New
Germany

#Quick Reply Here#I had the same problem. After the update there were connection problems with the Mavic2 pro and the Smart Controller. I had the impression that the Go 4 app was hanging
2020-8-23
Use props
PHWhiteJr
New
Flight distance : 41444 ft
United States

Same here.  I had not used my Mavic 2 Pro in many months and pulled it out today.  It worked fine the last time I used it, by the way.  When I tried to use it today of course the first thing I had to do was update the firmware for both the remote controller and the aircraft, as well as the Fly Safe Database.  After attempting to update the firmware my DJI GO 4 app kept freezing up requiring me to re-boot the tablet that I use to fly with.  The remote controller keeps losing contact with the aircraft even when only a few meters away.  I was unable to actually update the Fly Safe Database because of the repeated loss of connection.  I thought it might be a problem with my tablet so I installed DJI GO 4 on my iPhone 8 and tried to use that instead of the tablet but the results were the same.  I am able to start the aircraft and fly a very short distance before losing connection and then the aircraft automatically returns to the point of take-off.  One more thing, the remote controller keeps giving me messages of "Mag Interference - Check App" and "Binding" however there is nothing present that would be generating magnetic interference.  I am unable to fly until this is resolved, help!
2020-8-23
Use props
fans79994562
New
Flight distance : 548586 ft
United States

I had the exact same problem.  I wish I never updated.  Now I’ve got an expensive drone that I won’t fly until there’s a fix.
2020-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules