Pilots perspective
2719 15 2014-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AnHBsurfnut
New

United States

How does the pilot maintain safe control of this craft when the camera is facing anywhere other than forward?

2014-11-20
Use props
peter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57287 ft
Sweden

Working in LOS (Line of Sight) or add another FPV camera just for pilot navigation/fov?
2014-11-20
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

That comes with experience and time on the sticks.  Peter stated it as well, you need to fly within line of sight.  Once you are beyond that then you need to rely on the camera as your eyes.
2014-11-20
Use props
AnHBsurfnut
New

United States

That's the obvious answer DJI, the lack of a forward camera...  why wasn't a  low res camera included for this purpose?   On a range test my phantom cleared 2.5 miles one way...  I'm sure that the inspire will at least do 2 miles (unobstructed flat beach)  ....never mind that... Why doesn't DJI publish the instruction and operating guide so  purchase decisions can be made.  After all, if I had to decide from your roll out webcast, your pilot seemed to be having a hard time lining up the shot just prior to flyaway. Stop dragging out what we need
Thanks DJI, I really enjoyed my Phantom, I want to know I'll enjoy the next $3,300 I'm willing to spend.
2014-11-20
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

What flyaway???  Just for information, Ferdinand Wolf is the best pilot that I have ever been around.  I will never be able to do half of what he can do.  Plus he is a really nice guy.  
I have a FPV camera set up on my S900 with BMPCC and Lightbridge but I seldom use it.  I am a single operator so the distraction of having a camera operator is not there.  If I did have a camera op, then I would be flying LOS not at 2K as you indicated.  
2014-11-20
Use props
tao.zhao
lvl.3
Flight distance : 411411 ft
China

We just develop the map function instead of the front camera. And we believe pilots will feel better after they use.
2014-11-20
Use props
AnHBsurfnut
New

United States

I'm sure Ferdinand is both a great pilot and very  nice person.  Draft of user guide
I was able to find a draft version of the user guide, got anything better?
2014-11-21
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

Have you looked through this draft, I have just skimmed through it and I can't  believe that DJI would supply a single charger for both the aircraft battery and radio battery that can not charge at the same time!!!!  ugh
2014-11-21
Use props
AnHBsurfnut
New

United States

I know, some things just don't make logical sense!
2014-11-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tao.zhao Posted at 2014-11-21 14:23
We just develop the map function instead of the front camera. And we believe pilots will feel better ...

Tao.Zhao, the map function does work well.  I would like to see a find my Inspire the same way DJI has find my Phantom.  
2014-11-22
Use props
peterrussell23
lvl.1

Australia

I imagine it would make it tough flying FPV when you have the camera facing random directions. I would suggest not rotating the camera if you aren't confortable with flying and rotating the camera at the same time?  I applaud DJI for giving us more freedom on the inspire!! Thats what makes this new machine so great. I think the 360 degree video will make for more creativity, but will take some practice
2014-11-22
Use props
AnHBsurfnut
New

United States

I agree! Just would have really been a great standard feature...even at 720p. I dislike doing mods...
2014-11-23
Use props
tao.zhao
lvl.3
China

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-23 09:16
Tao.Zhao, the map function does work well.  I would like to see a find my Inspire the same way DJI ...

App will record the flight route in flight log page.
So already have the function.
2014-11-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

tao.zhao Posted at 2014-11-24 11:29
App will record the flight route in flight log page.
So already have the function.

It is not quite the same.  We can address this via email rather than on the forum.
2014-11-23
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

why not integrate a cellular GPS tracker in the future or a short range tracker not GPS based. Or just add a software function that let the inspire send out its position trough the lightbridge signal after a crash or is this already done from the inspire? I mean when the inspire crash 5000m away from you, you see the last flown route on the ipad and move into its direction, will it automatically reconnect to the lightbride when you are lets say 1500m away from it?
2014-11-27
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
China

Hi, Daninho,
If the Inspire 1 is still wroking(battery and hardware is ok), it will reconnect and tell you where it is.
But the distance will be uncertain because some of  obstacles.
2014-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules