Lock Mode - what does it actually do?
1679 5 2020-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
drosenHI
lvl.1
United States

I can't find a description of what lock mode really does anywhere. I can sort of see what it does when I hold down the trigger. But what is it actually doing? Does it lock onto whatever was originally in the middle of the frame? And is it effected by the motor settings of whatever profile you're using?

2020-8-20
Use props
drosenHI
lvl.1
United States

Can you please give us some guidance on this?
2020-8-27
Use props
MassDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 894642 ft
United States

Lock mode keeps the camera's pan and tilt unchanging no matter how you hold or twist the base. You can freely move the base around, but the camera keeps pointed the same direction. Note: it doesn't track anything, so if you move sideways holding Lock, the camera's field of view will also move sideways. Same with up and down.
2020-9-4
Use props
drosenHI
lvl.1
United States

Thanks so much. You're the first person to explain this and it makes sense. Would you know if lock mode is effected by Deadband, Speed or Smoothing settings in any way?
2020-9-4
Use props
MassDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 894642 ft
United States

Those should have no impact, since in Lock mode, the camera is rock-steady, implying that all servos are working without any delay.
2020-9-5
Use props
drosenHI
lvl.1
United States

MassDrone Posted at 9-5 05:24
Those should have no impact, since in Lock mode, the camera is rock-steady, implying that all servos are working without any delay.

Thanks for letting me know!
2020-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules