I wonder I can get this part (I lost it...)
808 16 2020-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

Hello.
I lost this part... I wonder if I can get this part.
Tried to find on eBay or Aliexpress, there was only whole gimbal part on sale which is around $160.
I just need the cover, not whole gimbal.
No problem with flying and shooting ability but I'm worried because the board is exposed to outside air.
So it might cause some errors because of dust or something.
Any tips?
IMG_3911.jpg
2020-8-21
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're looking for the plastic gimbal protector? The part you put on to protect the camera/gimbal during transport?

Try this

Sorry if that isn't what you are looking for as it may not be from looking at your picture

2020-8-21
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
United States

JodyB Posted at 8-21 06:23
You're looking for the plastic gimbal protector? The part you put on to protect the camera/gimbal during transport?

Try this

No not the part like helmet.
I mean the small tiny plastic part that cover the left side of gimbal.
You can see the cable with QR code is exposed to outside, which should be covered.
2020-8-21
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pilot.Isaac Posted at 8-21 06:29
No not the part like helmet.
I mean the small tiny plastic part that cover the left side of gimbal.
You can see the cable with QR code is exposed to outside, which should be covered.

I'm sorry, I thought that after I looked closer at your picture. I've looked for that part, but like you I'm not able to find it. DJI maybe your only recourse as of right now.
2020-8-21
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would just use electrical tape.
2020-8-21
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
United States

The Saint Posted at 8-21 07:17
I would just use electrical tape.

I contacted to technical support and they said I have to send the unit as the part is not available.
I have to use in daily basis for my job so this kind of method is so ridiculous.
It's a little piece only. No problem with flying and recording...
I already tried with black electrical tape to cover it... seems good.
Thanks.
2020-8-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pilot.Isaac. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since a part of your DJI Mavic Air 2 is missing. I would to send the said drone to our DJI repair facility for us to be able to assist you and fix the said drone properly. You can get in-touch with our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and to void the warranty of the said drone. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-23 19:03
Hello there Pilot.Isaac. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since a part of your DJI Mavic Air 2 is missing. I would to send the said drone to our DJI repair facility for us to be able to assist you and fix the said drone properly. You can get in-touch with our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit and to void the warranty of the said drone. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.

Ridiculous. DJI is just going to replace this part anyway by taking one off a new gimbal. I really doubt they will replace the whole gimbal.
2020-8-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Isaac,

The Saint is a Saint and his suggestion is credible as you seem to agree.  However, you might want to consider putting a thin bit of plastic between the electrical tape and the rotating mechanisms.  Easy to cut and it will stick to the electrical tape.

This will allow you to press the tape in place occasionally without worrying that the adhesive on the tape might be sticking up the gimbal mechanism.  Tape is great but it is sticky.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tape or a sticker should fix that.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pilot.Isaac Posted at 8-21 12:17
I contacted to technical support and they said I have to send the unit as the part is not available.
I have to use in daily basis for my job so this kind of method is so ridiculous.
It's a little piece only. No problem with flying and recording...

They'll probably send you back a refurb drone and charge you hundreds for it
2020-8-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I mentioned this before but in my previous life, I always had a drawer full of spare parts and prototypes and broken equipments that I kept from the oem for reasons like this.  if I happen to read on the forums or stop by the store and came across a customer needing help, as long as there wasn't a technical reason why it couldn't be done, send a pm, get an address, make the customer whole.  obviously you can't take care of everyone but simple, one off requests save everyone time and money and it's goodwill.  makes no sense to send in the whole drone just to fix one small part.  for example, I used to carry around a dozen antennas because I knew I would often meet people with a broken antenna.
2020-8-25
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hello, I do not know if it is exactly that but it looks sorry if I am wrong.

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07Z9627QX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_n0trFbGZ5BW9W

Otherwise try the small modeling shops they often sell all kinds of spare parts
2020-8-25
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

so the part needs to cover ribbon connector also? for the gimble pivot point you could use a hole plug  with double sided tape. The plug will rotate( https://www.amazon.com/Flush-Mou ... =1598397589&sr=8-14 ).
So I thank you maybe trying to protect that ribbon connector. You could just take a transparent sleeve  protector or .032 plastic sheeting cut out with scissors/ model knife. sorry for a the handy man/person ideas but it may give you some ideas.
good luck
2020-8-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cut an approximate form cover out of thin plastic and hot melt glue it on. Better yet, get another owner to pry his off and make a 3D printed copy.

2020-8-25
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
United States

Thank you all for the advices! I will try everything to make my drone to fly even above the beach, against the salty winds!
2020-8-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pilot.Isaac Posted at 8-26 19:45
Thank you all for the advices! I will try everything to make my drone to fly even above the beach, against the salty winds!

No problem doing that. Note that two "birds" are following my boat but only the man-made one can keep up ;-)
2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules