United Kingdom

2020-8-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Were it not for your postings in this Europe category, AJ, there would not be much activity here   Thanks for the share,
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 01:22
Were it not for your postings in this Europe category, AJ, there would not be much activity here   Thanks for the share,

Hahahaha - seems to be one of the lost sections of the forum.
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 01:22
Were it not for your postings in this Europe category, AJ, there would not be much activity here   Thanks for the share,

BTW - are you joining 'Alex' with any new purchases soon. Must admit, I have been considering it myself!
2020-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-3 01:24
BTW - are you joining 'Alex' with any new purchases soon. Must admit, I have been considering it myself!

I'm sorely tempted, but there are two major impediments.  1)  I've already bought two drones this year and it would be difficult to justify a third to the missus. 2) There is not yet any support for that manufacturer in France, so far as I'm aware.

I've been viewing Alex's posts with his new acquisition and they're impressive, as I've commented on that forum.  I'm sure you'll work out which poster there is me, as I haven't kept the same pseudo or avatar
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 01:30
I'm sorely tempted, but there are two major impediments.  1)  I've already bought two drones this year and it would be difficult to justify a third to the missus. 2) There is not yet any support for that manufacturer in France, so far as I'm aware.

I've been viewing Alex's posts with his new acquisition and they're impressive, as I've commented on that forum.  I'm sure you'll work out which poster there is me, as I haven't kept the same pseudo or avatar

Something relating to eyes around 53?

Totally understandable - my other half finally came around to the MA2 back in the May and obviously all of the additional accessories month on month - if I told her I'm going to drop £2,500 on another drone we'd have new windows by the end of the week lol

I've also read that Alex said it reminds him of the earlier Mavic days - I've been there and got plenty of T-shirts - love the fact that the MA2 is glitch free and I have 100% confidence in it. All that said, I still find myself looking at least!

My other concern is the pending EASA rules - a 1+kg drone with no geo and no CE cert...
2020-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-3 01:53

Totally understandable - my other half finally came around to the MA2 back in the May and obviously all of the additional accessories month on month - if I told her I'm going to drop £2,500 on another drone we'd have new windows by the end of the week lol

Yes.  I'm about to offload the Phantom 4 with a tinge of regret. It has done me sterling service these last 4 years but it's so bulky by comparison with these modern machines.  I'm going to stick it on Gumtree and take whatever I can get for it. It owes me nothing.
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 02:04
Yes.  I'm about to offload the Phantom 4 with a tinge of regret. It has done me sterling service these last 4 years but it's so bulky by comparison with these modern machines.  I'm going to stick it on Gumtree and take whatever I can get for it. It owes me nothing.

Always sad when you sell a drone - done it many times myself. I use Ebay - in good condition and with accessories you should still get around £500 for it mate.  
2020-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-3 01:53

Totally understandable - my other half finally came around to the MA2 back in the May and obviously all of the additional accessories month on month - if I told her I'm going to drop £2,500 on another drone we'd have new windows by the end of the week lol

And yes you figured it out
By the way, how do you de-register a drone from the DJI list for your account? Is it even possible? I see all your acquisitions still listed on your page.
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 02:08
And yes you figured it out

2020-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-3 02:06
Always sad when you sell a drone - done it many times myself. I use Ebay - in good condition and with accessories you should still get around £500 for it mate.

It's in "well used" condition so I'm expecting 350-400. Original box flymore kit the lot.
By the way, how do you de-register a drone from the DJI list for your account? Is it even possible? I see all your acquisitions still listed on your page.
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 02:14
It's in "well used" condition so I'm expecting 350-400. Original box flymore kit the lot.
By the way, how do you de-register a drone from the DJI list for your account? Is it even possible? I see all your acquisitions still listed on your page.

No need to mate. When you buy a brand new DJI drone you will have the pop up to activate it and that assigns the drone to your personal DJI account and effectively starts the manufacturer warranty in your name. Once sold, the new owner will fly it using their own device and DJI account attached to the app which is why icons of second hand drones are not listed on here.

All you need to do is remove the micro SD card or format it to ensure your footage is not included and obviously be upfront with the condition etc. when selling it. Whilst also never releasing the drone to the buyer until you have VERBAL confirmation from your bank or pay pal that the funds are received and secure - there are a lot of fraudsters out there or send dodgy emails to make you think the money has been paid to you - ignore that and check directly.

I like to keep my icons of previously owned drones to show that I have had experience with that drone when replying to people on here who may have questions or concerns about it. Your replies are more credible when others can see you have actually had the drone they are discussing.
2020-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-3 02:36
No need to mate. When you buy a brand new DJI drone you will have the pop up to activate it and that assigns the drone to your personal DJI account and effectively starts the manufacturer warranty in your name. Once sold, the new owner will fly it using their own device and DJI account attached to the app which is why icons of second hand drones are not listed on here.

All you need to do is remove the micro SD card or format it to ensure your footage is not included and obviously be upfront with the condition etc. when selling it. Whilst also never releasing the drone to the buyer until you have VERBAL confirmation from your bank or pay pal that the funds are received and secure - there are a lot of fraudsters out there or send dodgy emails to make you think the money has been paid to you - ignore that and check directly.

Yep all that makes perfect sense AJ.  However I don't seem to be able to change the name of My Phantom. I gave it a specific name personal to me, and although I'd like to change it ( which I've done using the DJI APP, it keeps reverting back to the original
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 02:46
Yep all that makes perfect sense AJ.  However I don't seem to be able to change the name of My Phantom. I gave it a specific name personal to me, and although I'd like to change it ( which I've done using the DJI APP, it keeps reverting back to the original

No idea why that may be mate - but all of that will change anyway once the new owner connects it to his/her account.
2020-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-3 03:48
No idea why that may be mate - but all of that will change anyway once the new owner connects it to his/her account.

I'm not sure you're right.  My Mavic Pro Platinum was bought second-hand privately in France, and I used it for two years, but was unable to change the drone name to mine, and it never showed up on my DJI profile. It always kept its original name " zipin/MavicPro" But the flight logs uploaded to my account and increased my "footage" too. That figure isn't accurate anyway,as I do at least 50% of my flights with another App and not DJI4.
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 04:32
I'm not sure you're right.  My Mavic Pro Platinum was bought second-hand privately in France, and I used it for two years, but was unable to change the drone name to mine, and it never showed up on my DJI profile. It always kept its original name " zipin/MavicPro" But the flight logs uploaded to my account and increased my "footage" too. That figure isn't accurate anyway,as I do at least 50% of my flights with another App and not DJI4.

As I said, icons of second-hand drones won't show up on your profile but whomever buys the drone won't be flying it on your account/ID. They'll fly it on their own account. Your account is connected to the app and not the drone. You can ask DJI mods on here to remove the icons of previously owned drones too if you wish.
2020-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-3 06:04
As I said, icons of second-hand drones won't show up on your profile but whomever buys the drone won't be flying it on your account/ID. They'll fly it on their own account. Your account is connected to the app and not the drone. You can ask DJI mods on here to remove the icons of previously owned drones too if you wish.

That's OK. The only thing that concerns me is that the next owner will be aware of the name I've given to it, just as I was for the MPP I acquired.  I couldn't change it from "zipin/MavicPro" to my pseudo no matter what I did.
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 07:31
That's OK. The only thing that concerns me is that the next owner will be aware of the name I've given to it, just as I was for the MPP I acquired.  I couldn't change it from "zipin/MavicPro" to my pseudo no matter what I did.

You could try resetting to factory settings though I've sold ten drones on ebay with no come backs at all
2020-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-3 07:40
You could try resetting to factory settings though I've sold ten drones on ebay with no come backs at all

Probably worrying over something and nothing. It's me age, y'know
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 09:56
Probably worrying over something and nothing. It's me age, y'know

No harm in being cautious mate - the main thing is not getting ripped off by a fraudster - I have had three separate criminals attempt to defraud me on Ebay but being a former Bank Manager helped in seeing them coming from a mile away! They never got a penny!
2020-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-3 10:02
No harm in being cautious mate - the main thing is not getting ripped off by a fraudster - I have had three separate criminals attempt to defraud me on Ebay but being former a Bank Manager helped in seeing them coming from a mile away! There never got a penny!

A cautionary note indeed.
2020-10-3
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 10:04
A cautionary note indeed.

2020-10-3
Use props