Single button data transfer (logs, pictures, videos) to USB drive
592 0 2020-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Firefighters
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

we are a firefighting department and use our Matrice 210 mainly for search and rescue operations, exploration in inaccessible terrain and for surveillance of large emergencies. Our setup includes the Cendence remote control with CrystalSky monitor, the Zenmuse Z30 and an XT thermal camera. We use the DJI Pilot app.

At the end of each operation we would like to store the flight log, taken pictures and videos onto a USB drive. As we not always have got internet access out there and also don't always have a laptop with us, we were thinking of setting up something with a single board computer (like the Raspberry Pi), connect it to the remote control (or CrystalSky) and then start collecting all the necessary data.

Unfortunately I did not manage to get access to the logs yet and also for the pictures and videos of the two cameras I have to take out the SD cards and transfer the data one by one.

Is there already any existing project for such a use case? Could maybe anyone give a hint, if this is possible at all and if yes, which interfaces/programs/SDKs to use? We can do some hardware and software stuff on our own, but would like to avoid to reinvent the wheel.

Regards
Andy
Firefighting Commander Stephansposching/Bavaria

P.S.: I don't care if it takes 5 minutes longer to transfer all the data compared to physical SD card swapping - single-button operation would be more important for us ;-)
2020-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules