Terrible after-sale service
635 4 2020-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jaeldegraav
lvl.2

Netherlands

Gooday all,

I have recently had an issue with my Mavic Pro aircraft.I updated the firmware to the latest version after not using the drone for a while.
Everything seemed to work fine at first, but after a minute of flying, the aircraft suddenly spiraled out of the sky.
It looked like as one of the motors stoped working.

Now, the customer support has informed me t hat my aircraft is out of warranty, and that i should simply purchase a new one.
With this I can not agree, as it was not my fault that my aircraft fell down, but the firmware issue caused it.
Why should I pay for something that was caused by an error that was out of my hands?

I have tried to talk it out with the life support chat, but they refuse to help me, and i'm at my witts end.
I hope that at least here someone can help me that wants to actually help me.

I sadly lost all the footage that was with the aircraft that was originally planned to be used as a video that i had to post.

Hereby indluded are is the video and the support conversation that i had with DJI: 1.png

5.png

Video link of the crash:
https://we.tl/t-6YKJVNGo1L

If it is eventually determined that it is not covered by a repair, could I get the rapport stating that it was a user error and not a software issue, as this is importaint for me, and support wouldn't want to help me with this earlier.

Has anyone else also had these kind of issues with the after-sale of DJI?
My previous two repairs went smoothly without any issues at all, but the moment my aircraft was "Out of warranty" everything changed and it felt like they wanted to get rid off me by purchasing a new aircraft without even reading my story.

Best regards,

Jael.

2020-8-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry to know about your frustrations. Have you retrieved your aircraft?

If yes, and the aircraft is within warranty, we can provide and create data analysis to determine if its product malfunction or pilot error. Data analysis is for incident reconstruction and the cause of damage determination purposes. However, if your unit is out of warranty, you may still opt for a paid repair and have a paid data analysis. The result of the data analysis will not influence the repairs of your aircraft. Again, please be reminded that the repair fee will be borne by yourself regardless of the results from the data analysis.

Hope this helps.
2020-8-22
Use props
Jonatan.C.N
Second Officer
Flight distance : 170627 ft

sorry for your experience. but I suspect the cause of it if I am being honest. had you checked if the propellers were attached properly before takeoff? it looks like a propeller getting out of the motor so i don't think it is a firmware issue, let along our Mavic Pro works for almost 3 years in our office and we always keep our drones updated.
2020-8-22
Use props
JaeldeGraav
lvl.2

Netherlands

I did not see any parts comming off the aircraft, to me it looks like one of the ESC's stopped working.
I if browse the forums a bit, i see that a lot of people have issues like crashes or fly-aways after updating their products, so this issue is not just limited to me.

I also do no understand that DJI refuses to help people when their products have issues after a firmware update.
By consumer right laws, if a firmware issue caused issues even when a product is out of warranty, DJI has to proof if that is true or not, as if its true that means the product had an issue that the consumer (me) could do nothing about and the problem was caused by DJI.

After browsing the forums a bit, I see that DJI has a lot of issues with following the EU laws regarding quite a few points.

I also just checked the EU laws regarding consumer rights, and that states that if I claim that the crash resulted from a pilot error it is my fault, but if the problem was caused by a DJI Fault they still have to pay for it.
https://www.consuwijzer.nl/garantie-reparatie-geld-terug/gekocht-maar-kapot/moet-ik-bewijzen-dat-ik-het-niet-kapot-heb-gemaakt
The site is in dutch but it basiclly is the dutch website for the EU Consumer laws.

And since they still refuse to help me propperly, I am in a deadlock.
I have consulted a friend and he's saying that i need to contact the goverment if DJI is still refusing to help me.

2020-8-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

JaeldeGraav Posted at 8-23 00:04
I did not see any parts comming off the aircraft, to me it looks like one of the ESC's stopped working.
I if browse the forums a bit, i see that a lot of people have issues like crashes or fly-aways after updating their products, so this issue is not just limited to me.

Hi JaeldeGraav, I have sent you a PM, kindly please check it and provide the information, I'll help to escalation your request. Thanks.
2020-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules