Ronin M Cable Fault
2486 10 2015-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ripple
New

Australia

Anyone having issues with Ronin M cable connecting to D-Tap unit?  With an out-of-box failure for a commercial shoot this week, DJI's regional support agent (EE Hobbies) stated other new units have the same fault and so it's normal for the cabling to be exposed and the connector bent like this?  (picture attached)   Perhaps it's the result of tight packaging or careless boxing procedures, or due to the engineering of a ribbon style cable for 'omniflexible' purpose?    But being a new DJI customer and judging by the rest of the Ronin M build quality I'm a bit confused by the support agent's suggestion that this is really what I should expect for normal DJI quality....   

Ronin M D-Tap cable

Ronin M D-Tap cable
2015-6-21
Use props
DSLR Solutions
lvl.1

United States

Mine looks similar and that is a place I am very careful to watch when packing up the Ronin-M. I actually think is looks more fragile than it really is, but as you said the quality could be better at that cable connection. Hope that helps.
2015-6-22
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Could you pls give me a more clear picture?THX~
2015-6-22
Use props
ripple
New

Australia

Surprisingly it is the quality to be expected of DJI - in response a statement released today by DJI Technical Support stated: ..."it's normal for the cabling to be exposed and the connector bent, you can move the black rubber to protect the exposed side.  Thank you for choosing DJI".  
2015-6-23
Use props
ripple
New

Australia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-6-23 14:21
Could you pls give me a more clear picture?THX~

Hi Cathy I have already sent a more detailed picture to your Technical Support Team at their request.  
2015-6-23
Use props
cookinghusband
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41463 ft
Hong Kong

Is the same for every single Ronin-M deliver, the heat shrink tubing is like that.  

What error actual happen? no power for the D-tap? I was looking at it for a while when I check my unit, just a less professional 4way connector with minimal mechanical damage protection( but is light weight). will look better if the cables are all black. I do worry about its durability for long term use though. May be a piece of black masking tape?
2015-6-23
Use props
ripple
New

Australia

cookinghusband Posted at 2015-6-23 22:06
Is the same for every single Ronin-M deliver, the heat shrink tubing is like that.  

What error act ...

It has an intermittent power failure to D-Tap.  But if your DOP and camera op are relying on power for shot monitoring, it is a show stopper.   Ok so even new parts fail sometimes - of greater concern is the lack of care and sense of urgency in fixing it.  With commercial liabilities riding on completing a shoot, the Australian authorised distributor is saying "you can contact (DJI) directly for your problem" and DJI Technical Support saying "it's normal..."  it appears no one is trying to resolve the problem. All that is required is for a new cable to be shipped.   As an Asia-Pacific wide Marketing Content Production group we're rapidly regretting putting our confidence in this company and it's regional agent.

Small, low cost component.  Big impact.   
2015-6-23
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

ripple Posted at 2015-6-23 20:07
Hi Cathy I have already sent a more detailed picture to your Technical Support Team at their reque ...

I did not get the other pic you sent, could you please try one more time?
2015-6-24
Use props
ripple
New

Australia

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-6-24 20:53
I did not get the other pic you sent, could you please try one more time?

here is picture.  Sorry I don’t have macro camera, but you can see black wire not ok.  Taking too long to address problem, please arrange to send replacement cable now. Ronin-DTap_issue.jpg
2015-6-29
Use props
cookinghusband
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41463 ft
Hong Kong

ripple Posted at 2015-6-24 07:54
It has an intermittent power failure to D-Tap.  But if your DOP and camera op are relying on power  ...

I agree with you, I have to be more careful with this cable.
This should not have happen, if they put a bit more design effort on this
2015-7-5
Use props
DJI-Cathy
lvl.4

Hong Kong

cookinghusband Posted at 2015-7-6 15:33
I agree with you, I have to be more careful with this cable.
This should not have happen, if they ...

Thanks for your kindly suggestion, we will consider it
2015-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules