More camera controls
593 0 2020-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_MqxRwe74b6ei
lvl.3
Germany

Hi,
I would be really happy to see more camera controls in the Ronin-SC, like for aperture, ISO, but even more importantly autofocus-on/off and autofocus-zone. I change those settings frequently while shooting, and touching the camera for that is inconvenient and adds unwanted camera movement.

The problem becomes even more important when using an external field monitor, like in my case. Since my Canon RP turns off the internal touch monitor, once a HDMI monitor is plugged in, changing those settings requires using the hardware buttons on the camera.

So, my favoured solution would be, that the ronin app and the ronon s/sc command unit (which would be an insta-buy then for me), could replicate the typical control buttons on the camera (up/down/left/right, enter, exit). With that, all camera functions would be available.

I tried to use the camera's own app to control those parameters, but it won't connect while the camera is connected to the ronin. Seems like the camera can only be connected using either bluetooth or usb-c at a time, but not both. I could disconnect the camera from the ronin, but then, the focus wheel won't function.

I hope you consider this!

Best,
Johannes
2020-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules