Mavic Pro lands automatically into the sea
1451 17 2020-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jingcho yang
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi there,

My Mavic Pro landed automatically in the ocean today.

It triggered a RTH and decended onto the ocean.

Need help. Can I attach my flight log?

Regards,
Jing

2020-8-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It will help if you can post your .txt file to dropbox or similar and post a link.
2020-8-22
Use props
jingcho yang
lvl.1

Indonesia

2020-8-22
Use props
jingcho yang
lvl.1

Indonesia

2020-8-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Can you post the link to the Phantomhelp report please?
2020-8-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

My guess ; with no satellites your drone thinks that it is close to home.....So pressing RTH will cause it to autoland.
In the second screen shot 14 sats, so HP is probably set, flying close to HP will start a autolanding too.

But it is all in the flightlog ; when you activated RTH irt Distance to HP...(post the PH link to you flightlog on here if you like)

cheers
JJB

2020-8-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

If you can post a link to the Phantomhelp report instead of a pic of part of it, we'd be able to see what happened instead of guessing without really knowing.
2020-8-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jing. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a professional team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. If the said drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-23
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 8-22 09:52
Hi,

My guess ; with no satellites your drone thinks that it is close to home.....So pressing RTH will cause it to autoland.

My impression was that HE did not activate RTH - that it did it itself.
2020-8-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AG0N-Gary Posted at 8-24 10:29
My impression was that HE did not activate RTH - that it did it itself.

Hi, mayby he did   or he did not....only the flightlog will explain what happend, still waiting....
2020-8-24
Use props
jingcho yang
lvl.1

Indonesia

Labroides Posted at 8-22 16:18
If you can post a link to the Phantomhelp report instead of a pic of part of it, we'd be able to see what happened instead of guessing without really knowing.

Hello there, I've uploaded the logs & there's access to my google drive.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lGy4aWB0TPcf_WOyxygYvDR6DumgOr5T?usp=sharing
2020-8-28
Use props
jingcho yang
lvl.1

Indonesia

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-23 20:35
Hello there Jing. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a professional team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. If the said drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Hello,

The time is beyond the warranty period since it's 2017 model. But I don't think that if the drone flies itself into the ocean, then DJI should be helpful enough to replace it.

By the way, the customer support are asking me for $35 to look at the flight logs, which I don't think is very helpful.

Here are the links to my flight logs.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lGy4aWB0TPcf_WOyxygYvDR6DumgOr5T?usp=sharing
2020-8-28
Use props
jingcho yang
lvl.1

Indonesia

Labroides Posted at 8-22 05:43
It will help if you can post your .txt file to dropbox or similar and post a link.

Ok I have two files, a txt file & the DAT file, I hope these can help.

2020-8-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

jingcho yang Posted at 8-28 05:01
Ok I have two files, a txt file & the DAT file, I hope these can help.

Your flight data looks like this:  https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/WHHKUZ3O4L8MGWQ2CPYO/

You started flying full speed at 0:02.9.
But you had no GPS and so no home point was recorded where you launched.
Your Mavic started getting GPS reception at 0:30.9 and recorded a homepoint where it was at 0:34.1.
AT 0:52.3 there was a warning message advising that you were in a no-fly zone and autolanding commenced.

If you had waited for GPS before launching, the drone would have identified that it was in a NFZ and would have prevented launching.
2020-8-28
Use props
slup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1607103 ft
Sweden

Mmm ... patience is usually a good thing when flying drones.

You was just within the DJI Fly safe authorization zone for Ngurah Rai International Airport. It's a blue zone so if you had waited for your HP to be updated before taking off you had been prompted for it & also actually been able to unlock it then & there. Also saw in the log that you didn't do anything when the auto landing started ... if you had steered towards the beach immediately you possibly had time to get it to dry land before reaching ground/sea level.

When looking into the DAT log it also looks like you actually got a 20sec countdown before the auto landing started ...

countdown.jpg

Next time flying a drone, wait for the HP to be recorded in the correct spot before take off & check the map view for possible authorization zones ... they are visible directly on the map.

2020-8-28
Use props
Beeworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190259 ft
Australia

slup Posted at 8-28 12:46
Mmm ... patience is usually a good thing when flying drones.

You was just within the DJI Fly safe authorization zone for Ngurah Rai International Airport. It's a blue zone so if you had waited for your HP to be updated before taking off you had been prompted for it & also actually been able to unlock it then & there. Also saw in the log that you didn't do anything when the auto landing started ... if you had steered towards the beach immediately you possibly had time to get it to dry land before reaching ground/sea level.

Hi Slup, great reply.

My flight zones have been recently updated, and there seem to be four colour coded areas: grey, red, blue and orange. I understand that red and blue areas are hardware locked no-fly areas by default, any idea what the altitude limit is for the grey, and what restrictions, if any, that apply to orange zones?

Cheers,

DB
2020-9-14
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Beeworld Posted at 9-14 19:44
Hi Slup, great reply.

My flight zones have been recently updated, and there seem to be four colour coded areas: grey, red, blue and orange. I understand that red and blue areas are hardware locked no-fly areas by default, any idea what the altitude limit is for the grey, and what restrictions, if any, that apply to orange zones?

Not higher than indicated in the gray areas, depending on national laws. Otherwise like orange. I cannot answer whether something will happen above the height indicated in gray.
2020-9-15
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Sorry . My condolences
2021-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules