1282 6 2020-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mettauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 269610 ft
United Kingdom

OK, I'm confused!
My new Mavic Air 2 went for a brief swim while it was returning to the shore.

The report states:
Remark: ...The aircraft worked under GPS mode, and responded well to the pilot’s command; 2. Flight Time T=20:47, Relative Height H= -8.7 m, Distance to Home Point D= 15.1 m, the aircraft touched the water after the pilot pushed the pitch stick forward and the throttle stick downward, the infared sensor detected 0.3 m below the aircraft which indicated touched water; 3. T=21:34 H=-5.3 m D=4.7 m, the aircraft rolled over during hovering due to water damaged The incident coordinate: 50.4072526 -3.5556503. The aircraft cannot sense or avoid obstacles that are not within the detection range, please fly with caution. *Flight Time here started when the aircraft was powered on. Conclusion: The incident was caused by non-manufacturing factors. Therefore, it is concluded to no warranty.

During the flight I received no warning about being to low or that it was landing, so why was it 0.3m from the surface? Maybe I should hace noticed on screen, but it was flying at 2-3m below the prmoanade I was stnding on to heiht was between -1.6m and +100m. I though it was not suposed to go below 1.2m except when landing. I dont understand why this error does not fall within warenty rather than being forced to use one of my paid for Care Refresh insurance and another £60 for Care Refresh replacement. I received no warning I was to low, surly thats the whole point of the sensors? Am i missing something?

The roll over was me grabbing it and turning it upside down as it seemed stuck and was obviously no longer responding to commands.
2020-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mettauk, I am sorry to hear about the accident. Could you please provide your case number to me so I can check the details of it?
And to explain your questions, the altitude will not be limited the drone is flying downwards, drones can fly below 1.2 meters, or when the relative altitude it negative, the app will not prompt that the altitude is too low, the pilot needs to pay attention to the altitude and environment. Thank you for your attention.
2020-8-22
Use props
Mettauk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-22 19:42
Hi Mettauk, I am sorry to hear about the accident. Could you please provide your case number to me so I can check the details of it?
And to explain your questions, the altitude will not be limited the drone is flying downwards, drones can fly below 1.2 meters, or when the relative altitude it negative, the app will not prompt that the altitude is too low, the pilot needs to pay attention to the altitude and environment. Thank you for your attention.

I don't understand, I know Air 2 can fly a few mm from anything, but if set up to avoid things etc is set to ON,  then why would it just go down straight into water with no warning whatsoever, especially in Tripod mode? At every other time up to this point it beeps when to close/to low and if pushed down it would warn it is landing. On this occasion it just went down into water!
Case No CAS-4802334-L9J4L4
2020-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mettauk Posted at 8-22 22:38
I don't understand, I know Air 2 can fly a few mm from anything, but if set up to avoid things etc is set to ON,  then why would it just go down straight into water with no warning whatsoever, especially in Tripod mode? At every other time up to this point it beeps when to close/to low and if pushed down it would warn it is landing. On this occasion it just went down into water!
Case No CAS-4802334-L9J4L4

Thank you for getting back. I had checked the case. Just to clarify, the bottom sensor is for sensing.
Regarding the landing prompt, please be advised the landing reminder will not pop up if the drone is controlled downwards by the pilot when the drone is at high altitude. It will pop up in cases like the drone is landing in the RTH procedure. If the drone is at a very low altitude, if the pilot keeps pushing the throttle stick down, the drone will land, and the landing prompt will pop up accordingly.
In your case, at Flight Time T=20:47, Relative Height H= -8.7 m, Distance to Home Point D= 15.1 m, the pilot pushed the pitch stick forward and the throttle stick downward, and this resulted that the aircraft touched the water. Please note that the performance of the Vision System is affected by the surface being flown over, such as water or transparent surfaces, it is not suggested flying above bodies of water.
Then, at T=21:34 H=-5.3 m D=4.7 m, the aircraft rolled over during hovering because of the water damaged at time 20:47. So please be cautious in this situation.
Noticing that the payment has been confirmed, hope you'll receive the drone back soon. If you have further questions, please feel free to let me know.

2020-8-23
Use props
Mettauk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-23 02:00
Thank you for getting back. I had checked the case. Just to clarify, the bottom sensor is for sensing.
Regarding the landing prompt, please be advised the landing reminder will not pop up if the drone is controlled downwards by the pilot when the drone is at high altitude. It will pop up in cases like the drone is landing in the RTH procedure. If the drone is at a very low altitude, if the pilot keeps pushing the throttle stick down, the drone will land, and the landing prompt will pop up accordingly.
In your case, at Flight Time T=20:47, Relative Height H= -8.7 m, Distance to Home Point D= 15.1 m, the pilot pushed the pitch stick forward and the throttle stick downward, and this resulted that the aircraft touched the water. Please note that the performance of the Vision System is affected by the surface being flown over, such as water or transparent surfaces, it is not suggested flying above bodies of water.
Then, at T=21:34 H=-5.3 m D=4.7 m, the aircraft rolled over during hovering because of the water damaged at time 20:47. So please be cautious in this situation.
Noticing that the payment has been confirmed, hope you'll receive the drone back soon. If you have further questions, please feel free to let me know.

Where can I find details of  "Please note that the performance of the Vision System is affected by the surface being flown over, such as water or transparent surfaces"

I find it very odd, in the recent past if I attempted to go to low/land, it tells me! Is that not what bottom sensors are partly for?
2020-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mettauk Posted at 8-23 02:33
Where can I find details of  "Please note that the performance of the Vision System is affected by the surface being flown over, such as water or transparent surfaces"

I find it very odd, in the recent past if I attempted to go to low/land, it tells me! Is that not what bottom sensors are partly for?

I had edited the landing prompt for the additional info. For the vision system notes, you may check the info in the manual, please be cautious while flying in the future, avoid the possibility of hazards. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask.
1.png

2020-8-24
Use props
Mettauk
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 8-24 01:58
I had edited the landing prompt for the additional info. For the vision system notes, you may check the info in the manual, please be cautious while flying in the future, avoid the possibility of hazards. If you have further questions, please feel free to ask.
[view_image]

oh dear, I missed that!
2020-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules