Air 2 Gimble/Camera keeps turning down
705 8 2020-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mrpete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 604068 ft
United States

Just swapped out my Pro for the newer Air 2.   

The gimble keeps wanting to turn straight down?

I raise it to level, forward view and after letting go of the up/down control it tilts back down again.

I've played with all the gimble settings and have the latest firmware updates.

What and why ?

Bizarre.

Thanks
Pete

2020-8-22
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.2
United States

Any ideas who and how to contact support ?   This new $900 drone won't work.  
2020-8-22
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Mrpete Posted at 8-22 10:13
Any ideas who and how to contact support ?   This new $900 drone won't work.

Just search DJI Support on Google or your search engine...they have a chat, too.
2020-8-22
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

You have filters mounted? You tried CALIBRATE GIMBAL?
2020-8-23
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.2
United States

George210477 Posted at 8-23 11:36
You have filters mounted? You tried CALIBRATE GIMBAL?

I’ve calibrated a few times now.   I’ve not been able to try the new drone without a filter.   Surely a filter will make it even worse.  
2020-8-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have no real information on this but I would assume the fault is with the remote. Try calibrating that maybe?

Does the camera point down right after drone power up with no controller powered yet, or does the camera only point down after the remote power is turned on?

2020-8-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Pete. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ) for us to be able to isolate the said issue? If the issue will still persist. Kindly please contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to check the said drone and the proper resolution will be provided. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-23
Use props
Mrpete
lvl.2
United States

Thanks - i've tried the calibration 3 - 4 times now.   This has been so painful.   My last Mavic Pro had little to no problems.  The support was also within a few hours.    I've gotten nowhere with the out of box Air 2 problems.   I'm 24 hours from sending the box back and having AMEX refund 100%.
2020-8-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mrpete Posted at 8-24 13:44
Thanks - i've tried the calibration 3 - 4 times now.   This has been so painful.   My last Mavic Pro had little to no problems.  The support was also within a few hours.    I've gotten nowhere with the out of box Air 2 problems.   I'm 24 hours from sending the box back and having AMEX refund 100%.

Could you answer the 2nd question I asked above?
2020-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules