lost drone
690 10 2020-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Italian Droneman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 519219 ft
United States

I flew my drone for 5 min and then I hit RTH and it never came back, I check log and it showed it went a couple of blocks then landed in some palms but I have looked for hours and I ant find it??????

https://app.airdata.com/share/FGLKjH    my flight log

Thanks
Ross
2020-8-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had look at your flightlog.
In the RTH your MA flew back to HP, BUT because there was a RC aft stick input (14%) during the autolanding your MA flew away from HP.
I think that your neutral fwd/aft stick postion is not ZERO but, look at the red line (#3 chart) it is during flight always aft input with 14%.
Last recorded postion = 27.30129900, -82.49790200.

So it must be there, or taken away by someone...hope you will get it back.

did you put your telphone # or adress on your drone (or on SD card) ?

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2020-8-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Or to put that in simple terms ...
It looks like there's a malfunction with your right joystick.
When it's centred, it's giving a false reading that's the same as having it pulled back a little.
Your drone flew back to a point directly above home but while descending from 400 ft, the effect of teh joystick issue was to keep the drone facing the home point and flying backwards away from home.

It looks like it's landed in some shrubs (?) and might have come to rest about 6 feet above ground level.
It's also possible that it fell from there after the end of data.
Fl.jpg
2020-8-22
Use props
Italian Droneman
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-22 16:41
Or to put that in simple terms ...
It looks like there's a malfunction with your right joystick.
When it's centred, it's giving a false reading that's the same as having it pulled back a little.

How can you read all that info ? I am amazed how you did that. I went back to the palm bushes today and poked around with a broom on the tops and I didn't find anything. If my DJI find you drone says its in the buses does that mean it is still there? No battery life I am sure?
thanks for your help.
Do you think DJI might help me replace the drone?
Ross
2020-8-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Italian Droneman Posted at 8-23 12:22
How can you read all that info ? I am amazed how you did that. I went back to the palm bushes today and poked around with a broom on the tops and I didn't find anything. If my DJI find you drone says its in the buses does that mean it is still there? No battery life I am sure?
thanks for your help.

If my DJI find you drone says its in the buses does that mean it is still there?

Find my drone can only show where the app was last connected, but the data shows that the Mavic Mini landed there and it won't have flown anywhere after that.
Unless someone has taken it, it should be there.

As there was a fault in te controller, it's worth putting in a warranty claim to find out.
Synch your flight records (to upload them to DJI's server) and then go to their online support for a chat with their people.
They can get things moving from there.
2020-8-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ross. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Air and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We have a professional team that will do there best to check what happened to the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. If the said drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-23
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looking at Google Maps I would say you have quite a few power lines running nearby as well.  Possibly taller than those palm trees.  I would suggest looking under those power lines as well.  If a palm tree didn't get it I highly suspect it hit one of those power lines.  Sorry for the loss.
2020-8-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RGMGFitness Posted at 8-24 07:28
Looking at Google Maps I would say you have quite a few power lines running nearby as well.  Possibly taller than those palm trees.  I would suggest looking under those power lines as well.  If a palm tree didn't get it I highly suspect it hit one of those power lines.  Sorry for the loss.

If a palm tree didn't get it I highly suspect it hit one of those power lines.

The data shows that his drone did not hit any powerlines as it landed.
It does show that it landed in some vegetation and tipped over without falling any significant distance.
2020-8-24
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-24 15:31
If a palm tree didn't get it I highly suspect it hit one of those power lines.
The data shows that his drone did not hit any powerlines as it landed.
It does show that it landed in some vegetation and tipped over without falling any significant distance.

Boy, you really dug into that data.  Nicely done!  Mine was just a 'guess' based on the pictures of the area only (and past experience).  But, surely go with the data!  Nicely researched.  
2020-8-25
Use props
Italian Droneman
lvl.2
United States

JJB* Posted at 8-22 10:41
Hi,

Had look at your flightlog.

I received a new drone from DJI and I tried it today and it seems to be floating all over and I am afraid I am going to lose it again what should I do to correct this?
2020-9-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Italian Droneman Posted at 9-6 09:13
I received a new drone from DJI and I tried it today and it seems to be floating all over and I am afraid I am going to lose it again what should I do to correct this?

Hiya,

Not sure what floating all over means....
Prepare a flight, pre-flight checks etc.
Just start a flight in a free open area, if possible do a screen recording for your flight.

If flight is not succesfull post your flightlog and screen video on here.
cheers
JJB

2020-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules