Goggles recording bug between Vista and Air Unit
3969 11 2020-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Qg81NoBryj6Q
lvl.1

Sweden

I think there's a bug when switching from air unit to vista / air unit lite and back.

When running Air unit I select recording mode Both to record both on air unit SD card and the goggles. Then when switching to Vista it obviously turns to recording mode goggles.
BUT when going back to the Air unit it's still on recording mode goggles.
Isn't it supposed to remember the individual settings for each unit?
2020-8-22
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

The Caddix Vista doesn't have an onboard DVR, so you can only record on the goggles.
2020-8-23
Use props
djiuser_Qg81NoBryj6Q
lvl.1

Sweden

mc54 Posted at 8-23 06:59
The Caddix Vista doesn't have an onboard DVR, so you can only record on the goggles.

I'm fully aware about that. But shouldn't settings be unique per connected unit i.e. settings when connected to Vista doesn't effect settings when connected to Air unit?
2020-8-23
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

it is most likely that it changes your settings on the goggles to the most restrictive (no recording onboard) and then stays that way when you go back to an air unit. idk if this would be qualified as a bug, more of a lack of the feature to remember this setting. seems like a quality of life thing they could work on
2020-8-23
Use props
djiuser_Qg81NoBryj6Q
lvl.1

Sweden

Kreeze Posted at 8-23 17:03
it is most likely that it changes your settings on the goggles to the most restrictive (no recording onboard) and then stays that way when you go back to an air unit. idk if this would be qualified as a bug, more of a lack of the feature to remember this setting. seems like a quality of life thing they could work on

Probably. But still - when using Caddx Nebula on Vista, which only does latency mode - it remembers that i have HD mode on the Air Unit. So ... I'd say a bug with the recording mode. :-D
2020-8-23
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

Seconded. It's a PITA when you forget to change settings before flying a FPV Air Unit after having flown a Vista.
2020-8-23
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

At the very least, it should not change the saved setting even if the setting is per goggles. It should be able to not record on devices that do not have a card or the ability to record and then go back to recording on devices that can record.
2020-9-11
Use props
djiuser_eVHerawvPEio
lvl.1

United States

Any updates on this issue. I discovered it yesterday after flying a vista then some other quads with air units. I got home and no recordings on the air units.
I hope this will be fixed in the next update (if we ever get one).
2020-12-27
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

djiuser_Qg81NoBryj6Q Posted at 8-23 07:08
I'm fully aware about that. But shouldn't settings be unique per connected unit i.e. settings when connected to Vista doesn't effect settings when connected to Air unit?

I support it.
I also once got sad when I thought that my unit recorded a video, but he did not record it.

Before that, I flew on Vista, and then switched to unit.
2020-12-30
Use props
Qrome
New

United States

Yes, this is definitely not behavior I would expect.   When flying between the Air Unit and Vista -- it is a pain to have to go back in and tell it to record on both.  It always seems to simply remove the both option when switching back to the Air Unit.  Please fix this.
2021-2-15
Use props
TurnTurtleFPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51732 ft

United Kingdom

I am also having this problem.

I was out flying two different quadcopters the other day.
1) iflight cidora with an Air Unit
2) flywoo explorer with Caddx Vista

Alas I had an issue with the footage from my 3rd party camera due to the wrong ND filter and thought, no problem I can rescue some footage using the Air Unit recordings.  Nothing there !
I have had the goggles set to record on both goggles and AU when I arm and previously it has been flawless.

I suspect having flown with the Caddx Vista it changed the goggles settings and the flights I did with the Air Unit therefore did not record on the air unit.

This is VERY annoying.  Surely the goggles can tell which they are connecting to and apply the right settings?

Please fix this DJI, I am sure many many pilots have a mixed fleet of aircraft and will be facing this situation.

TurnTurtleFPV
2022-5-8
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

great views!
2022-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now