12Next >
1582 42 2020-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madwand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73018 ft
United States

Several years ago my spark had to be replaced at my expense and by the time I got it back I was so frustrated with it and DJI I just let the whole mess sit for years.  Trying to charge the batteries now and can't figure out if I killed them from sitting for two years unattended, or am I doing something wrong?  The hub is alternating green/red and the right side green light will flash when the button is pressed. After a while the hub led goes to solid red. There is nothing in the manual about alternating red/green.
2020-8-22
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

The manual says they need to be charged monthly.  I've heard it's not good to let them sit for as long as you did.  Call/chat with tech support and see what they recommend.  There may be a magic technique that resets them.
2020-8-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will be posting some information on how to properly store the DJI Spark's intelligent flight battery : Kindly please discharge the battery to 40% to 65% it it will not be used for 10 days or more. This can greatly extend the battery life. Please do not store the said battery for an extended period after fully discharging it. Doing so may over-discharge the battery and cause irreparable battery cell damage. The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored fro a long period. Recharge the battery to bring out of hibernation. Finally, remove batteries from the drone when stored fro an extended period. Thank you.
2020-8-23
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 8-23 21:09
The manual says they need to be charged monthly.  I've heard it's not good to let them sit for as long as you did.  Call/chat with tech support and see what they recommend.  There may be a magic technique that resets them.

DJI does not talk to people out of warranty.  
2020-8-24
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-23 21:47
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will be posting some information on how to properly store the DJI Spark's intelligent flight battery : Kindly please discharge the battery to 40% to 65% it it will not be used for 10 days or more. This can greatly extend the battery life. Please do not store the said battery for an extended period after fully discharging it. Doing so may over-discharge the battery and cause irreparable battery cell damage. The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored fro a long period. Recharge the battery to bring out of hibernation. Finally, remove batteries from the drone when stored fro an extended period. Thank you.

Was that the extent of your answer, telling me stuff that I have no control over and nothing useful to fix the batteries?  I'm getting ready to throw this brand new drone that I cannot use in the garbage.  Do you have any useful information regarding bringing these batteries back to life?

"Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation."  I told you I tried that.  Why would you answer me with the same thing I told you I did.  Recharging them does nothing.  Do you have something useful to contribute or not?

Charging on the drone, the charge status is
#1 blinks 6 times
#2,3 blinks 4 times
Repeat #2,3 around 5 times
2020-8-24
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Madwand Posted at 8-24 04:33
Was that the extent of your answer, telling me stuff that I have no control over and nothing useful to fix the batteries?  I'm getting ready to throw this brand new drone that I cannot use in the garbage.  Do you have any useful information regarding bringing these batteries back to life?

"Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation."  I told you I tried that.  Why would you answer me with the same thing I told you I did.  Recharging them does nothing.  Do you have something useful to contribute or not?

One thing that can't be emphasized enough...RTFM!!
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 8-25 08:11
One thing that can't be emphasized enough...RTFM!!

I believe I said this is not in the manual.  
RTFM stands for Read the Fucking Message.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It states in the DJI battery maintenance guidelines to discharge/recharge the battery at least once every three months

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... delines_V1.2_EN.pdf
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Perhaps if you'd take the time to read the original post, you might realize this post is not about how to maintain batteries.  I am very aware of how to maintain batteries, but that is not what this post is about.  So I have to wonder if you have some sort of mental problem that is causing these irrelevant outbursts from you, or do you have some other problem that is causing it?  At this point, you have become quite obnoxious with your senseless posts, so I'd appreciate if you'd seek help somewhere and refrain from this disruptive behavior.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 14:19
Perhaps if you'd take the time to read the original post, you might realize this post is not about how to maintain batteries.  I am very aware of how to maintain batteries, but that is not what this post is about.  So I have to wonder if you have some sort of mental problem that is causing these irrelevant outbursts from you, or do you have some other problem that is causing it?  At this point, you have become quite obnoxious with your senseless posts, so I'd appreciate if you'd seek help somewhere and refrain from this disruptive behavior.

Your post is about your pathetic lack of understanding in the absolute basics of how to maintain batteries leading to the reason why you are the one on here questioning why all of your batteries are now dead after what is it, ah yes, non use for two years... Seriously!

Your failure to properly research the MANUALS to know how to maintain them and prevent this problem of yours in the first place is your mistake. All I have done is merely bring this to your attention through an official DJI source - if you believe that to be a "mental problem" and an "obnoxious, irrelevant outburst" on my part then I think you need to look long and hard in the mirror sunshine because where I'm sat you just described yourself perfectly!
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 14:29
Your post is about your pathetic lack of understanding in the absolute basics of how to maintain batteries leading to the reason why you are the one on here questioning why all of your batteries are now dead after what is it, ah yes, non use for two years... Seriously!

Your failure to properly research the MANUALS to know how to maintain them and prevent this problem of yours in the first place is your mistake. All I have done is merely bring this to your attention through an official DJI source - if you believe that to be a "mental problem" and an "obnoxious, irrelevant outburst" on my part then I think you need to look long and hard in the mirror sunshine because where I'm sat you just described yourself perfectly!

Are you really this stupid?  My post is about trying to recover damaged batteries.  That's very clear.  As I've already told you, I am quite aware of how to maintain batteries.  I know it's probably hard for someone like yourself with brain damage to understand, but some people have lives and aren't able to babysit batteries for several years to keep them in shape.  I never gave you any indication I believe it wasn't my fault.  So yes, you seem to have some kind of severe mental defect that is keeping your focus on something you believe to be an issue, but is not.  I don't need information on maintaining batteries.  Maybe you can get someone to explain to you that concept.  Try to find a good psychiatrist and get them to read it.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 14:50
Are you really this stupid?  My post is about trying to recover damaged batteries.  That's very clear.  As I've already told you, I am quite aware of how to maintain batteries.  I know it's probably hard for someone like yourself with brain damage to understand, but some people have lives and aren't able to babysit batteries for several years to keep them in shape.  I never gave you any indication I believe it wasn't my fault.  So yes, you seem to have some kind of severe mental defect that is keeping your focus on something you believe to be an issue, but is not.  I don't need information on maintaining batteries.  Maybe you can get someone to explain to you that concept.  Try to find a good psychiatrist and get them to read it.

You have serious issues beyond the need of simply having to replace drone batteries. I suggest you seek professional help before you end up on a Netflix documentary.
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 14:51
You have serious issues beyond the need of simply having to replace drone batteries. I suggest you seek professional help before you end up on a Netflix documentary.

No, the only issue I have besides messed up batteries is a troll who is either too stupid or too retarded to understand they are being a fool.  
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 14:58
No, the only issue I have besides messed up batteries is a troll who is either too stupid or too retarded to understand they are being a fool.

Really? I think not. Your question is "Did I kill my batteries?" The answer is YES! The reason is because you thought it would be OK to leave them for YEARS without any use by failing to read the manual on how to maintain them and by your own admission in this thread you didn't even know of the need to recharge them every three months was even written in the manual.

Showing you the manual in question in order to enlighten your ignorance does not make me a troll and your failure to read it makes you the fool. I'm not the one throwing my toys out of a pram because my batteries are dead due to my own ignorance and stupidity. So smell the beans and buy some more or move onto another hobby more befitting your intellect.
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 15:07
Really? I think not. Your question is "Did I kill my batteries?" The answer is YES! The reason is because you thought it would be OK to leave them for YEARS without any use by failing to read the manual on how to maintain them and by your own admission in this thread you didn't even know of the need to recharge them every three months was written in the manual.

Showing you the manual in question in order to enlighten your ignorance does not make me a troll and your failure to read it makes you the fool. I'm not the one throwing my toys out of a pram because of of my batteries are dead due to my own ignorance and stupidity. So smell the beans and buy some more or move onto another hobby more befitting your intellect.

Look, retard, I never said I didn't know something was in the manual, you just made that up in your brain damaged head.  And when someone asks for information on reviving dead batteries, only a moron thinks maintenance tips are a good response.  And a retard thinks doubling down on that response multiple times makes sense.  No, retard, no one here needs battery maintenance tips.  No one here needs responses from a retard that can't tell the difference.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 15:15
Look, retard, I never said I didn't know something was in the manual, you just made that up in your brain damaged head.  And when someone asks for information on reviving dead batteries, only a moron thinks maintenance tips are a good response.  And a retard thinks doubling down on that response multiple times makes sense.  No, retard, no one here needs battery maintenance tips.  No one here needs responses from a retard that can't tell the difference.

Yes you did - let me refresh your limited memory...

2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 8-25 15:17

[view_image]

And just to recap as you've probably forgotten - it is in the manual

2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 15:17

[view_image]

Retard, I was talking about the only thing I have talked about since I posted here, reviving dead batteries is not in the manual.  Ony a retard like you sees a post about reviving dead batteries and starts posting battery maintenance tips.  You're so retarded that you have started doing it again.  See how I told your retarded ass to Read the Fucking Message?  You didn't, did you?  Because that message wasn't about battery maintenance.  Retard.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 15:21
Retard, I was talking about the only thing I have talked about since I posted here, reviving dead batteries is not in the manual.  Ony a retard like you sees a post about reviving dead batteries and starts posting battery maintenance tips.  You're so retarded that you have started doing it again.  See how I told your retarded ass to Read the Fucking Message?  You didn't, did you?  Because that message wasn't about battery maintenance.  Retard.

No you can't revive them. Buy some more or are you on a budget?
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 15:23
No you can't revive them. Buy some more or are you on a budget?

So from your lack of response on the manual issue, I see you have realized you are a moron for going that route.  That's a good sign.  

No retard, I'm not on a budget.  But I don't make buying decisions based on retards telling me things they clearly are too stupid to know about.  I'll let you know when I need you to copy and paste some battery maintenance tips, retard.

Here's what a retard said earlier about recovering batteries: "I've heard it's not good to let them sit for as long as you did.  Call/chat with tech support and see what they recommend.  There may be a magic technique that resets them."  Oh, look, that retard was you.  Earlier you said you heard this and magic does that, but now you're saying you actually know something.  Were you lying then when you said "you heard" or are you lying now when you say they can't be revived?  Which is it, retard, both can't be right.
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 8-23 21:09

My bad, this was a different guy. (I admit when I make a mistake)
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 15:32
So from your lack of response on the manual issue, I see you have realized you are a moron for going that route.  That's a good sign.  

No retard, I'm not on a budget.  But I don't make buying decisions based on retards telling me things they clearly are too stupid to know about.  I'll let you know when I need you to copy and paste some battery maintenance tips, retard.

You are clearly incapable of comprehending realisation on any topic. You are utterly offensive, socially inept, inarticulate and appear to believe that calling someone you do not know 'retarded' in every other word some how gives you the upper hand in a discussion. Reality check - it doesn't.

Now get your wallet out and happy spending (afterall, fools and their money are easily parted). Hopefully by reading the manual you won't make the same mistakes again given that you are clearly on a very, VERY tight budget.
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 15:39
You are clearly incapable of comprehending realisation on any topic. You are utterly offensive, socially inept, inarticulate and appear to believe that calling someone you do not know 'retarded' in every other word so how gives you the upper hand in a discussion. Reality check - it doesn't.

Now get your wallet out and happy spending. Hopefully by reading the manual you won't make the same mistakes again.

No, I believe that calling you retarded accurately describes your mental state.  Why have you stopped giving me battery maintenance tips?  I clearly comprehended that you gave me battery maintenance tips that I didn't ask for or need.  You, on the other hand are incapable of comprehending that I didn't ask for battery maintenance tips.  That's the behavior of a retard.  You act like a moron as well, so it's equally accurate for me to call you a moron.  Do you prefer that one?  Only a moron gives battery maintenance tips to a person asking about rejuvenating batteries.  

A moron is also too stupid to comprehend that he was told that not reading battery maintenance tips was not the reason for the battery failure.  Remember that retard? It was only around a half hour ago, retard. I told you that I didn't have time to babysit batteries.  I knew quite well it was harmful.  But unlike retards like yourself who have nothing else to do, everyone else can't babysit batteries for years.  
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Really? I read this in your OP "Trying to charge the batteries now and can't figure out if I killed them from sitting for two years unattended, or am I doing something wrong?"

Yes, you are doing something wrong. The answer is in your question. Had you have known how to maintain them then you wouldn't have killed your batteries. It's very simple. You then followed up with seeking clarification on the hub indicator lights - you did not mention anything about rejuvenating the batteries but in answer to this latest add on of yours, I repeat, no you can't revive them.

If you are not prepared to USE (rather than babysit) the batteries then be prepared to lose them but you clearly are not prepared as it's beyond you. And you call me retarded. Hahahahaha

2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 15:57
Really? I read this in your OP "Trying to charge the batteries now and can't figure out if I killed them from sitting for two years unattended, or am I doing something wrong?"

Yes, you are doing something wrong. The answer is in your question. Had you have known how to maintain them then you wouldn't have killed your batteries. It's very simple. You then followed up with seeking clarification on the hub indicator lights - you did not mention anything about rejuvenating the batteries but in answer to this latest add on of yours, I repeat, no you can't revive them.

Yes really.  I don't understand why you ask really, but that's because you're retarded. There's nothing in the manual that says they are dead.  Quite the opposite, it says in the manual that if you neglect them, to recharge them to bring them out of hibernation.  You know what retard?  You should read the fucking manual, retard, because it says right there that you are wrong.  Really?  Yes. Sorry retard, no.  I asked about hub lights in my original post, but you are too stupid to comprehend that's what I wrote.   I feel sorry for the other retards, you really make them look stupid.  I used the word rejuvenating because I have been talking about bringing dead batteries out of hibernation since my first post.  Charging from dead, restoring from hibernation, rejuvenating, all the same retard.  Hence the "am I doing something wrong" part, referring to bringing them back.  Don't try to act like I've added anything.    Retard.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 16:10
Yes really.  I don't understand why you ask really, but that's because you're retarded. There's nothing in the manual that says they are dead.  Quite the opposite, it says in the manual that if you neglect them, to recharge them to bring them out of hibernation.  You know what retard?  You should read the fucking manual, retard, because it says right there that you are wrong.  Really?  Yes. Sorry retard, no.  I asked about hub lights in my original post, but you are too stupid to comprehend that's what I wrote.   I feel sorry for the other retards, you really make them look stupid.  I used the word rejuvenating because I have been talking about bringing dead batteries out of hibernation since my first post.  Charging from dead, restoring from hibernation, rejuvenating, all the same retard.  Hence the "am I doing something wrong" part, referring to bringing them back.  Don't try to act like I've added anything.    Retard.

The only part of the manual that applies to you now is this

Good luck. Hopefully the bank can extend the credit card for you...
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 16:32
The only part of the manual that applies to you now is this

[view_image]

"The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period.  Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation."  RTFM retard.

Are you the type of person who needs credit to buy a $55 battery?  Are you so retarded that $55 needs to be financed?  Man, you take the cake for stupid.  Have you read the fucking manual yet?  Have someone read it for you since all you  are capable of is cutting and pasting.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 16:50
"The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period.  Recharge the battery to bring it out of hibernation."  RTFM retard.

Are you the type of person who needs credit to buy a $55 battery?  Are you so retarded that $55 needs to be financed?  Man, you take the cake for stupid.  Have you read the fucking manual yet?  Have someone read it for you since all you  are capable of is cutting and pasting.

Not after two years hence why your batteries are not coming out of hibernation mode you complete imbecile.

As for finance - I'm clearly referring to you. Let's just say I don't fly drones with $55 batteries and none of my batteries are dead as I know how to maintain them, unlike you. Now, call the disposal company and buy new ones or can't you?
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 16:57
Not after two years hence why your batteries are not coming out of hibernation mode you complete imbecile.

As for finance - I'm clearly referring to you. Let's just say I don't fly drones with $55 batteries and none of my batteries are dead as I know how to maintain them, unlike you. Now, call the disposal company and buy new ones or can't you?

Sorry, retard, you're gonna need to show me in the manual where it says that.  Can't take a retard's word for it.  Imagine a retard calling someone an imbecile.  That's rich.  

Yes, you were clearly referring to me, with your retarded idea of financing batteries.  I already said that, I know you're retarded, you don't have to keep proving it.  Anyway, you can't buy DJI batteries for this drone that cost more than $55, so that's not a thing.  

Ok, retard, say something else stupid now.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 17:07
Sorry, retard, you're gonna need to show me in the manual where it says that.  Can't take a retard's word for it.  Imagine a retard calling someone an imbecile.  That's rich.  

Yes, you were clearly referring to me, with your retarded idea of financing batteries.  I already said that, I know you're retarded, you don't have to keep proving it.  Anyway, you can't buy DJI batteries for this drone that cost more than $55, so that's not a thing.  

You seem to have an obsession with retardation. Is that because you feel it to be the best insult you can come out with or a subconscious deflection from your brief education and the summary of your teachers comments on your failures. How sad and quite pathetic.

You really are thick - my reference to not flying drones with $55 batteries is that the drones I do own are far more expensive and no, I don't buy anything on credit - unlike you. Having to spell things out to you is very tedious.

Anyway, your diatribe and limited comprehension is embarrassing to read now and this conversation is futile as the stupid are often incapable of learning from their mistakes. Go and play with your dead battery wondering how to save yourself $55 while you stare at your useless paper weight wishing it could fly. And remember - it's entirely your fault and the main reason is, well, ask your teachers...
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 17:24
You seem to have an obsession with retardation. It that because you feel it to be the best insult you can come out with or a subconscious deflection from your brief education and the summary of your teachers comments on your failures. How sad and quite pathetic.

You really are thick - my reference to not flying drones with $55 batteries is that the drones I do own are far more expensive and no, I don't buy anything on credit - unlike you. Having to spell things out to you is very tedious.

No, I already told you why I say retard, but you are retarded, so get someone to read it and explain it to you.

Thick would be you not understanding that I was saying I can't pay more than $55 for a battery, so your statement about you paying more for your batteries has no bearing on me.  Damn, retard, keep up, it ain't rocket surgery.

I knew it was my fault from the beginning retard.  I already told you that as well.  It certainly is embarrassing to you when you keep trying to repeat the same useless insults that have no teeth.  As well as the fact that I said from the beginning that I was gonna toss the Spark if the batteries are not recoverable.  I don't have time for "smart" products that have to be babysat when not in use. Like yourself.  How stupid are you?  Retard, you're drooling, wipe your face.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 17:45
No, I already told you why I say retard, but you are retarded, so get someone to read it and explain it to you.

Thick would be you not understanding that I was saying I can't pay more than $55 for a battery, so your statement about you paying more for your batteries has no bearing on me.  Damn, retard, keep up, it ain't rocket surgery.

You have been proved to be the true moron here and much at my amusement but you are increasingly boring me now and that battery is still sat there waiting for a new bin. Get and find one and bore someone else with your sad issues. (and it's rocket science BTW - I rest my case).
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 17:49
You have been proved to be the true moron here and much at my amusement but you are increasingly boring me and that battery is still sat there waiting for a new bin. Get and find one.

I don't think posting battery maintenance tips to a battery charging post proves anything except that you're a retard.  You're bored because retards have small attention spans.  You say the battery is still sat, eh?  Retard.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 17:53
I don't think posting battery maintenance tips to a battery charging post proves anything except that you're a retard.  You're bored because retards have small attention spans.  You say the battery is still sat, eh?  Retard.

No, you are boring.
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 17:56
No, you are boring.

Well seeing as I've been responding to a retard's trolling bull... for the last dozen messages, I'll have to agree with you there.  Nothing more boring than talking about battery maintenance tips in a battery recovery thread.  
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 17:58
Well seeing as I've been responding to a retard's trolling bull... for the last dozen messages, I'll have to agree with you there.  Nothing more boring than talking about battery maintenance tips in a battery recovery thread.

Very boring in fact. Tedious and semi-literate.
2020-8-25
Use props
Madwand
lvl.4
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 18:00
Very boring in fact. Tedious and semi-literate.

Yes, retard, you're just repeating yourself when you said you were leaving.  Which is a good idea since you had nothing to offer after your first inappropriate post.  And guaranteed my posts have been more literate than yours.  Still waiting for you to explain how the battery "is still sat."  Illiterate retard.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Madwand Posted at 8-25 18:15
Yes, retard, you're just repeating yourself when you said you were leaving.  Which is a good idea since you had nothing to offer after your first inappropriate post.  And guaranteed my posts have been more literate than yours.  Still waiting for you to explain how the battery "is still sat."  Illiterate retard.

Boring and tedious.
2020-8-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules