Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 barometer accuracy
10645 53 2015-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BroadbandVantag
New

United Kingdom

I need to be able to accurately read height above ground. It can be immediately after takeoff. Has the altimeter problem been fixed? If the Phantom 3 is not the right drone for me can you suggest another with better height readings?
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

stylianos.photo Posted at 2016-3-7 08:11
Hello to all. I m new. Yesterday third day with my p3p, I almost crash it. I didn't realized it. Onl ...

It does not adjust for small trees. Sorry

Dave
2016-3-7
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

stylianos.photo Posted at 2016-3-7 16:11
Hello to all. I m new. Yesterday third day with my p3p, I almost crash it. I didn't realized it. Onl ...

The height is relative to your take off point only (home point), not the ground below it.
2016-3-7
Use props
jyavenard
lvl.2

Australia

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-22 15:26
Have whatever opinion you want Phillip. I am only trying to help people but clearly you don't need ...

Send it back to DJI and wait two months to get it back?

No thanks.
2016-3-7
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

stylianos.photo Posted at 2016-3-8 03:11

"All the way the telemetry was spot on 120m height. The problem was that the terrain under was full elevation... "

Just like a real pilot in a real plane, you have to adjust for terrain.
Your Phantom only knows that where it took off = zero and has no knowledge of terrain.
2016-3-7
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

BroadbandVantag Posted at 2016-3-8 04:04
I need to be able to accurately read height above ground. It can be immediately after takeoff. Has t ...

Unless your Phantom is malfunctioning, the height is reasonably accurate.
It would be easy for you to check against an object of known height.
There is no altimeter problem that needs to be fixed.
If you can take off from the level you want to compare against, you should be able to get a good measure of height above that point.
2016-3-7
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-22 15:26
Have whatever opinion you want Phillip. I am only trying to help people but clearly you don't need ...

I am a firm believer in the Sploodge edict.
I trust this guy for just about whatever he says.
2016-3-7
Use props
BroadbandVantag
New

United Kingdom

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-7 22:06
Unless your Phantom is malfunctioning, the height is reasonably accurate.
It would be easy for you ...

Thanks. That's what I needed to know ;-)
2016-3-8
Use props
umatillagarry
New
United States

Just to let everyone know the altitude/barometer issues are still present in the P4... I flew 2 batteries a few days back in a rural setting and on both flights takeoff is 0 feet and landing is 41 feet. I takeoff and land on a 3 foot square of 1/4 inch plywood... typical hot florida day so actual barometer change would not be the problem i don't think.... so apparently the problem from the P2 and P3 are still here in the P4....
2016-9-27
Use props
DjPro2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18307 ft
United States

Still having the problem.  Exchanged the P4 for a new one and the new one has the same problem.  Below is from my flight this morning.  15 minutes straight up to 400 feet then back down.  at 3' off the ground I'm reading -60'.
2016-10-31
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft

The quick we all say it is a barometer measures air pressure so it is conceivable to have a change in air pressure which will cause readings to be invalid like hot sunny day would be high pressure a rainy day is low pressure
2016-10-31
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4

I haven't taken notice too that on my Phantom but I will look the next time I fly but I bought the new drama to have her shot and lost it 3 days after it has a barometer to I took off and it just kept going up and up and wouldn't stop and then the first time I calibrated the sensors it was a warm day and the day it flew off was a cool day I may be wrong but I'm wondering if it was looking for a certain pressure and I couldn't find it so it kept flying up to it founded
2016-10-31
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4

The quick we all say it is a barometer measures air pressure so it is conceivable to have a change in air pressure which will cause readings to be invalid like hot sunny day would be high pressure a rainy day is low pressure
2016-10-31
Use props
billwish76
lvl.4

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-22 13:42
Man, finally that is exactly the same thing mine is doing, exactly!  I have posted at least a hundre ...

I have an important question for you did you do a cold IMU calibration meaning you put it in front of an AC fridge ect. Before running the IMU calibration I heard by doing this it has discrepancies in the barometer because it's cooling it down and affects the pressure inside
2016-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules