How to extract high res jpegs from 4k video
44631 14 2015-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

Anyone with good experience on extracting high res stills from the I1 4k video?
Just to be clear....I'm not talking about screenshots here.
2015-6-21
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Couple of options.    If you have Photoshop you can open the MOV and select which frame you want to edit.   Or QuickTime7 PRO can copy any frame into the buffer and paste the full res into an editor.

Or you could probably do it in your non-linear editor if you have one.
2015-6-21
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

You can also do it in Final Cut Pro.

I was also put onto this webs site by an Apple tech which allows you to export multiple still images from FCP :

Its been a while since I used it though : fcpxImageExporter

http://adamteale.com/apps/fcpximageexporter/

2015-6-22
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

I use GOM player which plays the files beautifully and has an extract frame button that simply works.
2015-6-22
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

If you have Premiere Pro, it's as easy as clicking a button when you have the CTI over the right spot.
2015-6-22
Use props
Flight 1
lvl.2

Australia

Pgale Posted at 2015-6-23 00:23
If you have Premiere Pro, it's as easy as clicking a button when you have the CTI over the right spo ...

In latest version of FCPX go to export. in the share clips menu select Save Current Frame. If Save Current Frame is not in the menu select add destination and add it to the menu.
2015-6-22
Use props
panox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 568819 ft
Germany

Flight 1 Posted at 2015-6-23 09:51
In latest version of FCPX go to export. in the share clips menu select Save Current Frame. If Save ...

I'm ending up with Wondershare-Player which extracts the images in full resolution into the folder C:\ProgramData\Wondershare Player\Snapshot  (Windows 7) . Each image gets its own name.

I have tried IrfanView, but here I only can get copies which must be opened in Photoshop.

A tutorial:

http://issuu.com/haraldbendschne ... ?e=7950524/13236222
2015-6-22
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

i always frame Grab with VLan player with SUPERB results ...very simple the picture is saved in your >documents> mypictures if you press camera icon on JLAN!!
i have printed 20X40 aerials with this method ...excellent resolution! i was shocked
2015-6-22
Use props
wes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1338891 ft
United States

Adobe Lightroom 5.6 works really good for me....

How to do it:
Open the video in Lightroom... next to the timer/counter on the play bar there is a little square... click on that and then click "capture frame" ... it will save the image to the same directory that the .mov file is in.

Each image was about 3mb from the 4k video.
2015-10-4
Use props
Mercury
New

Canada

There’s also a tool called Anyframe that lets you capture still frames from videos. They support Youtube videos and it looks like Vimeo support is coming, too. http://www.anyframe.net
2016-3-28
Use props
Mercury
New

Canada

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-22 03:41
Couple of options.    If you have Photoshop you can open the MOV and select which frame you want to  ...

Accidental post
2016-3-28
Use props
Mercury
New

Canada

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-22 04:12
You can also do it in Final Cut Pro.

I was also put onto this webs site by an Apple tech which allo ...

Accidental post
2016-3-28
Use props
Mercury
New

Canada

arunmehta Posted at 2015-6-23 03:52
i always frame Grab with J Lan player with SUPERB results ...very simple the picture is saved in you ...

Accidental post
2016-3-28
Use props
GeoSkier
New
Norway

Hi Guys, Reopening the post here: Do you know, if it's possible to extract the GPS position of the frame you take from the movie?

We're doing hi-res 3D modelling of cliffs and outcrops, so far we've been taking individual snaps, and it works ok, but filming the cliff, and exporting snaps from the movie goes way faster, but so far, I haven't been able to get the GPS position extracted as well.

cheers

Val
2017-4-12
Use props
Brandon Ernst
New
Flight distance : 59160 ft
Germany

Also wondering the same thing about location data...Would be a great feature.
2019-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules