1062 10 2020-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peaafm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2149341 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I have a mavic air 2 and in Portugal I am not able to do more than 1 km in a straight line without obstacles. After 600mts you start to lose the image and then the signal. I can't get it into fcc, has anyone had the same problem or has a solution?
2020-8-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It could be caused by radio frequency based interference (WiFi) in the area. Try a remote area if possible to compare results.
2020-8-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha peaafm,

Besides GaryDoug's suggestion, you might try antennae parabolics.  They are like soda cans cut in half vertically that go over the antennae and improve signal reception and emission.  On Amazon, they are often called range extenders.  What they really do is improve the signal quality.  I use mine to penetrate the jungle when I fly the jungle tunnels.  But they do reduce the signal spread and that can be a problem if you do not plan for it.

Hope this helps!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-8-24
Use props
fansef527c54
lvl.1
  • >>>
Portugal

GaryDoug Posted at 8-23 19:29
It could be caused by radio frequency based interference (WiFi) in the area. Try a remote area if possible to compare results.

Where it was was free field and there was no major interference
Screenshot_20200824_000300_dji.go.v5.jpg
2020-8-24
Use props
默默地微笑了很久
lvl.2
Flight distance : 507336 ft
Hong Kong

your height is too low
2020-8-24
Use props
fansef527c54
lvl.1
  • >>>
Portugal

默默地微笑了很久 Posted at 8-24 02:24
your height is too low

60 m +/-
Screenshot_20200824_000300_dji.go.v5.jpg
2020-8-24
Use props
默默地微笑了很久
lvl.2
Flight distance : 507336 ft
Hong Kong

it's a little low, you can caculate the angle,and maybe some building or tree exist between the remote control and the drone to break the signal
2020-8-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there peaafm. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to fly your DJI Mavic Air 2 to a different location or in an open area with less interference and please stay within the line of sight to isolate the issue. The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition I will post a diagram on how to get optimal transmission for your DJI Mavic Air  2. Thank you.

2020-8-24
Use props
avinash69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 986644 ft
  • >>>
Trinidad and Tobago

i am having the same problem if i fy 30 away it nnects i tied a smart controller thinking it was the  byt same thing.  d  everything down software updated help air2

2-14 00:50
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

avinash69 Posted at 2-14 00:50
i am having the same problem if i fy 30 away it nnects i tied a smart controller thinking it was the  byt same thing.  d  everything down software updated help air2

Hello. The distance of image transmission is closely associated with various factors in the current environment, including the interference of Wi-Fi signals, signal transmitting power, relative direction and location of signal reception, obstructions,etc. To further test this situation, you may follow our recommendations below:

> Check whether your aircraft and remote controller firmware as well as the app versions are in the latest version.
>  An improper remote controller antenna position may affect the video transmission signal, so it’s necessary to adjust the remote controller antenna to its best position for the aircraft. You may refer to the image below:
> Would you please check whether there are obstructions such as trees or houses near your current flight environment? Please let your aircraft take off in an environment clear of signal-blocking obstacles.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support.
2-15 01:25
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

This can be normal depending on the environment. To rule out interference, try flying in an open area, in a field without routers nearby, and at 100 meters height.
2-16 10:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules