Minor Crash - Gimbal Calibrate Help
495 3 2020-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OlBigJon
lvl.3
United States

I had a small crash 5 ft up going slow flew sideways into a tree I could not see.  Nothing appeared damaged other than prop scuffs which I replaced. Gimbal was out of whack. I auto calibrated gimbal several times went back up and it looks fine then start to yaw and horizon goes off  tilt again - I manual adjust and it holds for awhile until I make another yaw move and drifts off center pretty bad.  I have refresh but I hate to send this in and possibly have a long wait on repair if necessary.  Any suggestions on how to get my gimbal stable again without issues? Thanks for any suggestions

2020-8-23
Use props
Smashey1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173422 ft
Ireland

Have you tried calibrating the IMU as well??
2020-8-23
Use props
OlBigJon
lvl.3
United States

yes twice -- i just made some manual adjustments on yaw also look like its fixed but havent tested it out in big open area yet.  I just hate depending on manual gimbal adjustments.  Hope they stay locked in so I dont have to do it everytime I fly?
2020-8-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi OlBigJon, I'm sorry to hear about the accident. For fly safety consideration, you are recommended to send it in for a thorough diagnosis. You may start an online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
We will do our best to help this out. Thanks.
2020-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules