Vision sensors calibration ... in field ...
972 2 2020-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Joy, oh joy ... After 800km travel into wilderness, my M2P loudly and clearly requested sensors calibration in addition to obvious compass calibration. Flying with obstacle avoidance system disabled seemed to be a non-problematic workaround, but no luck here. Mavic still need these sensors in good shape for some reason, exhibiting wild and erratic movements despite strong GPS/compass lock ...

My portable MacBook Pro happen to be equipped with numerous versions of Assistant software for several DJI drones in my fleet, but - guess what - not for Mavic 2 series. So, after 50km drive to nearest cell tower and 1hr long download, the *.pkg file of Assistant 2 landed in computer. Next 3 hours was used for scratching my head, trying to find out why installed software is labelless and doesn't recognizes Mavic's input. Lucky me, i brought USB cable! It turned out that it was somehow conflicting with previously installed Assistant 2 for Inspire 2. After getting rid of this older installation, Mavic 2 version finally agreed to talk with my girl. At twilight performed sensors calibration went smoothly, 100% success. All within surrounding clangor of Canadian goose congregation, training for seasonal flights South ...
2020-8-23
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I believe no need to update straight away. I kept flying for weeks with the sensor callibration message. I did not have any problems. A few years ago you could do a quick sensor callibration in the dji app. Unfortunately dji took it out inspite for months( if not still!) mentionned in the manual.

I infoed the dji moderators at that time but i received several contadicting answers , one saying you still can in the app , the other you can’t , the latter was right.

That said , i also hardly over use the front,side,back sensors therefore i mostly fly without them switched on
2020-8-24
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

dronie1965 Posted at 8-24 01:34
I believe no need to update straight away. I kept flying for weeks with the sensor callibration message. I did not have any problems. A few years ago you could do a quick sensor callibration in the dji app. Unfortunately dji took it out inspite for months( if not still!) mentionned in the manual.

I infoed the dji moderators at that time but i received several contadicting answers , one saying you still can in the app , the other you can’t , the latter was right.

Not my case, unfortunately. Mavic 2 Pro start to behave erratically right after launch, particularly in tight spaces, with obstacle avoidance completely disabled. I launch her often from a boat deck or near trees, practicing hand catch during landing, therefore sensors must be disabled. Yet, she start wobble around like in Atti mode, despite strong GPS/compass readings. This initial wobble disappeared after calibration.
2020-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules