1235 5 2020-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2fb819bc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22717 ft
Iceland

Hi all,
I recently purchased the Matrice 300 along with H20T. However I am getting unexpected results when trying to measure the heat values of power lines. The values are in the negative range (see attachment). The conditions that day were sunny, around 15 degrees.  The load on the line was high, so the temperature should have been well over the environmental temperature. Other surfaces such as human hands etc appear to have normal values.
Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Screenshot (3).png
2020-8-24
Use props
nikolaospaschalisgmail.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3093517 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I think I had similar minus value to a solar panel inspection...
I will check my files and I will add here...
2020-9-5
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

Here we are...
2020-9-5
Use props
Wachul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1562 ft
Poland

Everything depends on emissivity, reflected temperature, wind speed. There are a lot o variables to consider in thermal imaging. You need to set those parameters in analysis tool.
2020-9-6
Use props
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

To be honest I played with the parameters ( so I can be as close as possible ) but I didn't see any significant difference...
2020-9-6
Use props
fans2fb819bc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22717 ft
Iceland

I also played with the parameters but couldn’t see any difference. However I tried flying and measuring on a different day where there was no direct sunlight (very heavy clouds), and this time I got values that made sense , namely around 30c value on one wire, and around 10c on the other two, indicating a potential issue.
2020-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules