APAS Toggle ON/OFF not showing
5602 15 2020-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

Mavic Air 2, iPhone X, everything is up to date including Firmwares, App, & IOS.
In the App, under Safety, APAS On/Off is not showing up.  It used to be above Sensors.
Is this part of the updates or am I doing something wrong?
Do you still have this option?
2020-8-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's part of the latest update - APAS is now named Bypass in the app
2020-8-24
Use props
yxm4109
New

Hong Kong

with the lastest version of firmware and app?  the "Obstacle avoidance action" button replaced "Apas switch", under the  safety tab.  you can select "Bypass " button to enable the apas function.

2020-8-24
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

Thank You both so much.  That makes sense
2020-8-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Electromen. Thank you for reaching out and for the information. As A J and yxm4109 posted before the APAS is now named Bypass in the DJI Fly application. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-8-24
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

You can also tap the icon to turn the "Safety Assistance" ON or OFF

Here's a quick reference card for what the different color codes mean.

2020-8-25
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 8-25 01:57
You can also tap the icon to turn the "Safety Assistance" ON or OFF

I don't know how DJI could have made this anymore confusing.  Read the message on the screen and tell me can I fly sideways or not.  Read the icon on the card.  Why didn't they just make it Sideways Flight On or Off???   Disable Sideways Flight Disabled is a double negative...in short, it means Sideways Flight On.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Electromen Posted at 8-24 04:28
Thank You both so much.  That makes sense

You're welcome
2020-8-25
Use props
Vilimo
lvl.1

United States

Same here... am a newbie and thank you so much for clarifying this.  I have been watching too many videos and could not find the apas switch in my app... drove me crazy
2020-10-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vilimo Posted at 10-21 05:12
Same here... am a newbie and thank you so much for clarifying this.  I have been watching too many videos and could not find the apas switch in my app... drove me crazy

Easily done. The toggle is at the top of the safety section in the app. 'Brake' is obstacle avoidance. 'Bypass' is APAS 3.0 and underneath is another toggle to enable 'flight assistance' which will prevent manual input of the drone rolling left/right whilst using bypass to navigate around or over obstacles (be careful using that as the sensors should never be 100% relied upon). This feature was added due to the MA2 not having sideways facing sensors and will keep the drone flying perfectly straight - forward or backward inline with the nose of the AC.  

The icon to the left of the camera screen switches flight assistance on and off without you having to go through the safety section of the app. Note that flight assistance does not work in Tripod mode (though APAS does) and all obstacle avoidance sensors including APAS is disabled in Sport mode where I've hit speeds of over 43MPH with the MA2 so be certain there is nothing around the drone when using S mode.
2020-10-21
Use props
Vilimo
lvl.1

United States

A J Posted at 10-21 05:41
Easily done. The toggle is at the top of the safety section in the app. 'Brake' is obstacle avoidance. 'Bypass' is APAS 3.0 and underneath is another toggle to enable 'flight assistance' which will prevent manual input of the drone rolling left/right whilst using bypass to navigate around or over obstacles (be careful using that as the sensors should never be 100% relied upon). This feature was added due to the MA2 not having sideways facing sensors and will keep the drone flying perfectly straight - forward or backward inline with the nose of the AC.  

The icon to the left of the camera screen switches flight assistance on and off without you having to go through the safety section of the app. Note that flight assistance does not work in Tripod mode (though APAS does) and all obstacle avoidance sensors including APAS is disabled in Sport mode where I've hit speeds of over 43MPH with the MA2 so be certain there is nothing around the drone when using S mode.

Thank you!!!
2020-10-21
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2020-10-21
Use props
cameraman52
lvl.2

Netherlands

Pappy3 Posted at 2020-8-25 01:57
You can also tap the icon to turn the "Safety Assistance" ON or OFF

I have the  screen you showed. But there is no setting: Disable Sideways Flight. Why?
2021-12-17
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

cameraman52 Posted at 12-17 07:24
I have the  screen you showed. But there is no setting: Disable Sideways Flight. Why?
Please disregard.
2021-12-17
Use props
djiuser_w8sStku5Arnp
New
Flight distance : 9022 ft
Romania

Hi guys. I just bought my DJI Mavic Air 2 and I'm really new into drones. How I can set my drone to "follow me" mode?
2022-2-7
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

djiuser_w8sStku5Arnp Posted at 2-7 08:10
Hi guys. I just bought my DJI Mavic Air 2 and I'm really new into drones. How I can set my drone to "follow me" mode?

Instead of hijacking this thread it would be better to open a new one or much better to do a search for
your topic, as it has already been discussed and perfect if you refer to the manual.
2022-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules