2924 6 2020-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9671732 ft
Canada

Hey Folks,

Happy to say that I'm enjoying my Mavic mini and curious about the phone video vs the onboard sd video quality.
I love the editing app that is included with the mini, but wonder if the video quality is better or the same as the SD card?
Really curious what the process is, record on the sd and phone simulataneously? Anyone?
Hope to see some answers
2020-8-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

The SD card holds the best quality video. The video on the phone is cache
Yes you can record on both at the same time but again the video on the phone
is in the lowest resolution.
2020-8-24
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

So for better quality videos you download the videos from the drone to the phone or tablet and then use the video editor?
2020-8-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 8-24 11:55
So for better quality videos you download the videos from the drone to the phone or tablet and then use the video editor?

Yes, except you may run out of space on your phone if the video clips are of long duration. Also, the higher resolution clips from the aircraft's SD card are larger files. Far better to copy the clips to a desktop computer and edit them there.
2020-8-24
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

Geebax Posted at 8-24 14:42
Yes, except you may run out of space on your phone if the video clips are of long duration. Also, the higher resolution clips from the aircraft's SD card are larger files. Far better to copy the clips to a desktop computer and edit them there.

Thanks for the reply, is there a pc version of the DJI video editing software, cause that app is super easy to use.
2020-8-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 8-24 16:34
Thanks for the reply, is there a pc version of the DJI video editing software, cause that app is super easy to use.

I don't believe there is, but there are quite a number of very capable video editing packages, some free and others you have to pay for.
2020-8-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. As Woe advised at post #2 the video file on the mobile device are cache files and the video file on the SD card has better quality than on the cache files. Thank you.
2020-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules