Water crashed Minis,What used mode ?
700 7 2020-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

I would like to know what kind of mode all those bad luck guys who crashed(sinked) their Mini's on the water used?

May you tell me ?

P-MODE ?  S-MODE ? C-MODE ?

I think that this will help to everybody to check which mode is the proper one to fly safer over the water .

Thanks in advance
cheers

2020-8-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

MM does not crash if you fly within MM limitations, over water flying in general is safer that flying over land.....less obstacles etc.
Just fly not that low, not out your own visual view....
Don`t fly as a beginner if wind > 8 m/s, or keep the craft close by in safe wide open area.
Read and understand all in the manual, Read and understand all in the manual, Read.... ;-)

If a MM crashed due to a tech failure, can happen above land, water, above buidlings, trees....etc etc

Happy many safe landings!

cheers
JJB
2020-8-24
Use props
XXXXDronerXXXXX
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

crashes in dumb mode so be aware.
2020-8-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. In addition to this thread, I will post link where ion you can check some DJI Guides on How to Fly Safely Over Water ( https://store.dji.com/guides/how-to-fly-safely-over-water/ ). Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-8-24
Use props
sv3n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35833 ft
Germany

JJB* Posted at 8-24 12:34
MM does not crash if you fly within MM limitations, over water flying in general is safer that flying over land.....less obstacles etc.
Don`t fly as a beginner if wind > 8 m/s, or keep the craft close by in safe wide open area.

Those are good tips, thanks for sharing!

I fly a lot over water, the only time I was afraid of losing my drone was, when I started and landed from a moving sailboat.
In all other situations I felt pretty safe.
2020-8-25
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-24 21:56
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. In addition to this thread, I will post link where ion you can check some DJI Guides on How to Fly Safely Over Water ( https://store.dji.com/guides/how-to-fly-safely-over-water/ ). Thank you and fly safe always.

Hello you talk about disabling the VPS but on the Mavic Mini you can not disable it. It would be nice to add it in a future update...
2020-8-25
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

JJB* Posted at 8-24 12:34

I do not agree on YouTube we can see a lot of videos or the Mavic Mini falls into the water even in ideal conditions and with all precautions, without piloting errors and for no apparent reason. To say that it is safer to fly over water than above the earth is not true
2020-8-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

VanzPix Posted at 8-25 03:14
I do not agree on YouTube we can see a lot of videos or the Mavic Mini falls into the water even in ideal conditions and with all precautions, without piloting errors and for no apparent reason. To say that it is safer to fly over water than above the earth is not true

Well, depends on how you look at things....

Loosing a MM due to a pilot error ; yes above water = too bad, above land = can be too bad as well,  so flying over land is safer....uh, if you do not fly against obstacles etc etc, so imo over water flying is safer.

Loosing a MM due to a real technical error (pilot is absolutely not to blaim) ; flying above land (9?% lost) can be safer than flying over water (100% lost).

I think that many MM crashes and/or loosing a MM is due to piloting error.

But agree, a certain number of MM lost due Uncontrolled Down error, seems to be 'fixed' by DJI in the firmware update, as we do not see this error (in normal MM fly conditions) on this forum anymore.

cheers
JJB
2020-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules