How often do you need to replace the props?
808 7 2020-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wannabedroni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158829 ft
United States

I have just owned the Mini for about 2 months.  No crashes and only hand take offs and landings but the motors have gotten considerably louder.  I have about 30 hours of flight time. Should I replace the props? thanx
2020-8-24
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

As you may have read in the dozens of similar, related forum replies on this topic :-) measuring flight time to determine whether replacement is necessary has flaws.  Hard flight (sport mode) will put more stress on props.  Occassional "unintended" landings and striking branches, etc. will stress and damage props.  Etc.  

You should regularaly check the props of damage, including nicks, cracks, distortion of shapes, etc.  Also regularly check the mounting screws for security.  Loose screws (on the props, not your personality!) will cause wear where the props pivot as well.  

You should also practice using the SEARCH features of this very robust forum.  Especially on this topic you will learn a lot about how the props can get damaged, and distorted, simply by storing them wrong.
2020-8-24
Use props
wannabedroni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158829 ft
United States

WebParrot Posted at 8-24 16:03
As you may have read in the dozens of similar, related forum replies on this topic :-) measuring flight time to determine whether replacement is necessary has flaws.  Hard flight (sport mode) will put more stress on props.  Occassional "unintended" landings and striking branches, etc. will stress and damage props.  Etc.  

Thank you very much.  I thought I did use the search but maybe unfamiliar with it.  Thanx again I appreciate it.
2020-8-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there wannabedroni. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Before each flight, it is necessary to check the propellers for cracks, wear, warp, corrosion, and loose screws. If any of these conditions are present, the propellers should be replaced. In addition I will post a DJI Forum threads created by SCoutts on DJI Mavic Mini Propellers - Inspect, Remove and Install ( https://forum.dji.com/thread-207043-1-1.html ) . Thank and fly safe always.  
2020-8-24
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Had mine since november and find no reason to replace props. Even flew into a wooden shed wall. No damage. MM is a robust little machine. Does what i want it to do given i have enough sats.
2020-8-25
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

when I break em
2020-8-25
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

When I do something stupid and damage them.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is no timeline on when to replace them. If you have flown the drone three times in a few months then you clearly will not need to swap them out. Equally if you hit a branch and damage the tips on your first flight then guess what... Replace them only when they are damaged.  
2020-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules