Altitude Check
937 7 2020-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hansoff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50794 ft
United States

So, I decided to see how accurate the altimeters are between my 2 drones.  On the left is the Mavic Mini and on the right is my Spark.  You can see that there is a difference about 3 feet between them when flying at an altitude of 80ft.

2020-8-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are those screenshots while they are flying at the same time? If so, the first one would show the other drone at the horizon if they were at the same height. Of course that would depend somewhat on the difference in elevation under the drones and at the horizon.

Nevermind, I just realized that was a video. Wheh they both are shown even at the horizon, there is a delta of about 3 feet as you reported.

2020-8-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The altitude is measured using a solid state barometer, so plus or minus 3 feet is good in terms of comparision between the two devices. And your method of comparison is not exactly scientific.
2020-8-24
Use props
hansoff
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 8-24 19:32
The altitude is measured using a solid state barometer, so plus or minus 3 feet is good in terms of comparision between the two devices. And your method of comparison is not exactly scientific.

I wasn't trying to be scientific fop cripes sake....  Just a little test to see how they compared.  Which it did perfectly.  So.....
2020-8-25
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Perhaps both measures are wrong
2020-8-25
Use props
hansoff
lvl.4
United States

Renato61 Posted at 8-25 02:37
Perhaps both measures are wrong

Ya, definitely a possibility.  I just wanted to see how they compared to each other.  And a 3 ft. distance isn't bad between the two of them.  
2020-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this informative post and sharing your feedback between the DJI Mini and DJI Spark. For more details regarding both drone you may want to visit our official DJI consumer drone comparison webpage. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-8-27
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Flight distance : 9776798 ft
Serbia

Very interesting comparison. Thanks for sharing.
2020-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules