Ronin-S and Sony A7iii Multiple Issues
946 4 2020-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2ba8cdff
lvl.1

United States

Hello,
When I use my Sony A7iii and Ronin-S I can get the focus wheel and rec/start stop to work with both the MCC-C abd MCC-Multi Cable. (Multi controls zoom)
BUT when I use the MCC-C cable (which gives control to focus wheel) and have PC remote enabled the HDMI sends a black image. It seems to be a Sony issue but wanted to see if anybody have found a work around.

I am trying to get control of focus wheel to control lens focus and have HDMI out work.

Thanks
2020-8-24
Use props
Lion Roar
New

Norway

Have any one figured this one out?
Does the Sony camera A7iii work with MCC-Multi cable input and the HDMI-output to a monitor simultaneously?
2022-7-28
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Hello there,

Please go to the following link, i've replied to this simillar issue that you have in a different thread aswell.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=186478

Kind regards,
XinRain
2022-7-29
Use props
Lion Roar
New

Norway

XinRain Posted at 7-29 11:24
Hello there,

Please go to the following link, i've replied to this simillar issue that you have in a different thread aswell.

Thank you for your replay, XinRain.

However, your solution does not work for me.
My external monitor still goes black even after selecting off on HMDI info, and then connecting the cable to the camera. I can pull focus with the USB-C Cable with no monitor connected, but filming outdoors I would like to use my external Atomos monitor as well.

It`s a Sony problem. Because the camera selects the USB over HDMI-output, and it cannot do both at the same time.
2022-8-2
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Lion Roar Posted at 8-2 07:59
Thank you for your replay, XinRain.

However, your solution does not work for me.

May I know your settings on your Sony A7III Camera?
I'll share my settings.

Network1:
Ctrl W/ Smartphone - Off

Setup3/HDMI Settings:
HDMI Resolution - Auto
24p/60p Output - 60p
HDMI Info. Display - Off
TC Output - Off
REC Control - None
CTRL FOR HDMI - On

Setup4:
4K Output Sel. - Memory+HDMI (Can only be changed, when connected to a monitor)
USB Connection - PC Remote
USB LUN Setting - Multi
USB Power Supply - Off
PC Remote Settings - PC+Camera

Cables used:
- MCC Multi Cable USB Micro Male Type (Connected from Sony A7III MULTI Port to Ronin S)
- Atomos HDMI Coiled Cable 4K60p C1 30cm Mini HDMI to HDMI Type (Connected from Monitor Atomos Inferno HDMI IN to Sony A7III HDMI Port)

Ronin S:
Second last firmware, NOT the last firmware. (Because the last firmware there was something wrong with it)
Sony A7III:
Since i bought it i've never had updated the firmware on the camera.

It just baffles me that it works for me though.
2022-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules