Can't pair Osmo 2 with iPhone 11
8949 14 2020-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shar
lvl.1

United States

My Osmo 2 was fine until I got an iPhone 11. It says it's paired in Bluetooth settings, but in the DJI Go app it says to "Turn on the Bluetooth of your phone. Go back to DJI GO to reconnect". I've tried over and over and even deleted my app and re-downloaded, but still can't get it to connect. Any suggestions?
2020-8-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Shar. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persists? After checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 11 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Osmo 2 and with the DJI Go application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal  and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo 2 and with the DJI Go application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 11 will be able to work on the DJI Osmo 2 and with the DJI Go application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go application while using it on the DJI Osmo 2. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Go application. Thank you for your understanding and support.

2020-8-24
Use props
Shar
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for your reply. That’s really disappointing though! Is there an Osmo compatible with iPhone 11?
2020-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Shar. Thank you for the reply and for the inquiry. As of the moment the iPhone 11 is compatible with the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. For reference I will post a link where in you can learn more about the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://www.dji.com/osmo-mobile-3?site=brandsite&from=nav ) and a link where in you can find all the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _List_en_0526_1.pdf ). Thank you.
2020-8-25
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just get a second hand iPhone 6S.  That is what I did, and I did not get cell phone service installed.  Works great, great pictures, and in the bag ready to go when I need it.  Just a suggestion.
2020-9-12
Use props
Shar
lvl.1

United States

Lonesome Crow Posted at 9-12 06:36
Just get a second hand iPhone 6S.  That is what I did, and I did not get cell phone service installed.  Works great, great pictures, and in the bag ready to go when I need it.  Just a suggestion.

I have an iPhone 7 that I previously used with the Osmo2. I just tried to use it, but not it won’t connect or pair!?
2020-9-12
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shar Posted at 9-12 06:59
I have an iPhone 7 that I previously used with the Osmo2. I just tried to use it, but not it won’t connect or pair!?

Make sure that the bluetooth is turned off on the other iPhone, then try again with the iPhone 7.  The Osmo should "forget" the 11 if you restart it too.
2020-9-12
Use props
Shar
lvl.1

United States

Thanks, I’ll try again.
2020-9-12
Use props
RMatSLU
lvl.1
United States

SO i see this tread is a few months old. To be clear, does the Mobile 2 NOT work with the iphone 11? So dissapointing. Why would I buy a new one when mine works perfect?
2021-3-1
Use props
RMatSLU
lvl.1
United States

Shar Posted at 2020-8-25 07:51
Thanks for your reply. That’s really disappointing though! Is there an Osmo compatible with iPhone 11?

Shar, I had the same problem. It wasnt working on my iPhone 11 when i upgraded. It worked on my son's XR, an older 7 i have and the XR that I upgraded from but not the 11. I found things online like this tread and a few others that had me scared it wasn't compatible with the iphone 11 but it is.
I deleted the DJI Go app, forgot the bluetooth then re-installed the app and started followed setup and it worked perfect. Again, the fix for this is to delete the app (backup your previous videos, photos and projects first because it will be gone), forget the bluetooth (not just disconnect, you have to forget it), reinstall the app and follow instructions on app to set it up. As someone mentioned above, make sure to turn the bluetooth off on your older device because the OSMO will connect to that one first. I deleted/forgot the bluetooth on all devices i have conected this too. You should be good if you follow this. Also like to add that it plays nicer with my Speck case off. the phone is a little lighter and the gimbal likes lighter.
2021-3-11
Use props
iwantaphantom
New
Flight distance : 3343 ft
Germany

RMatSLU Posted at 3-11 09:33
Shar, I had the same problem. It wasnt working on my iPhone 11 when i upgraded. It worked on my son's XR, an older 7 i have and the XR that I upgraded from but not the 11. I found things online like this tread and a few others that had me scared it wasn't compatible with the iphone 11 but it is.
I deleted the DJI Go app, forgot the bluetooth then re-installed the app and started followed setup and it worked perfect. Again, the fix for this is to delete the app (backup your previous videos, photos and projects first because it will be gone), forget the bluetooth (not just disconnect, you have to forget it), reinstall the app and follow instructions on app to set it up. As someone mentioned above, make sure to turn the bluetooth off on your older device because the OSMO will connect to that one first. I deleted/forgot the bluetooth on all devices i have conected this too. You should be good if you follow this. Also like to add that it plays nicer with my Speck case off. the phone is a little lighter and the gimbal likes lighter.

Reinstalling did the trick. Thanks. This is on an iPhone SE 2.
2021-9-4
Use props
Mr. Tonbak
New

Germany

My osmo mobile 2 doesnt work in ip11 pro too.
It works by ip7 plus.
2021-9-17
Use props
oddty711
New
United States

I have an iPhone 6s+ and it's updated to iOS  14.7 .1 and my DJI Go app is updated to the latest version in the Apple Store.
Can't pair the two over bluetooth. I get the same message of go connect and come back to the app but I do that and the message never clears.
I am able to pan and tilt, and the record button works in the Camera app but I can't get pass the connect device screen in the DJI Go app.
Help!
2021-10-4
Use props
Poncho Lozano
New

Mexico

Same problem, as you said is disapponting not to be able to use the device on Iphone 11, regards!
2021-10-9
Use props
fansfec7a525
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3173 ft
United States

My iPhone 11 was working marvelously after my iPhone 7 Plus quit working wonderfully. However, when I upgraded the iPhone 11 to iOS 15.7 from 15.6.x it quit connecting from the application. I did a couple of iOS upgrades to the 7plus and it wasn’t until I got to 15.6.1 that I found it had started working again. I did have to delete the app and re-install it. Additionally, I’m finding that the iPhone 11 connects about once in 10 tries, but doesn’t stay connected for long. I really like my Osmo Mobile 2 and it’s in perfect condition so it’s seems silly to have to use an older phone to get good images. Or even use it. I beseech DJI to rectify this to keep the application functional with the updates from Apple.  Good luck to all of us.
2022-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules