DJI Mimo save files to SD card?
8287 26 2020-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mm2mm
lvl.1

Taiwan

Please! Is there a way to save video files to the SD card with DJI Mimo (v1 3.4) on an Android (v 8.0.0) phone?
Now the files go to the phone...it fills up far too fast, I've had to delete important apps to make space. All while my SD card sits empty.

This is an important and necessary feature -- please make it happen.

Can anyone recommend a workaround in the interim? I can't see anywhere to change a setting to save to SD.

The OSMO Mobile 3 is such a nice tool. But this is a serious flaw.

2020-8-24
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hello, unfortunately there is no way at the moment to register on the SD card...
Maybe one day in an update but I feel like DJI has abandoned the Mobile Osmo 3
2020-8-25
Use props
mm2mm
lvl.1

Taiwan

Thanks for the information, VanzPix.

Wish I'd checked on this before purchasing the OSMO Mobile 3...live and learn!
2020-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this feature. I do apologize this feature is not supported as of the moment. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously sending updates to multiple DJI devices to improve user experience. Please stay tuned to the latest news, updates and events by subscribing to the DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2020-8-26
Use props
mm2mm
lvl.1

Taiwan

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-26 08:54
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this feature. I do apologize this feature is not supported as of the moment. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously sending updates to multiple DJI devices to improve user experience. Please stay tuned to the latest news, updates and events by subscribing to the DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.

Thanks, Paladin. Hope it will be available soon!
2020-8-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

mm2mm Posted at 8-26 16:05
Thanks, Paladin. Hope it will be available soon!

You are more than welcome and thank you for your understanding.
2020-8-28
Use props
ChoiceGrapX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 641677 ft
United States

OM4 still the same NO SD CARD recording?????
2020-12-8
Use props
keltik85
New

Germany

Are the software-developers totally borderline retarded or something?  How can this device be marketed for 4K, if you cant save to an SD card? I want to hit them on their stupid heads.
2021-1-26
Use props
Rebelist
lvl.1

United Kingdom

One workaround for this problem is to use Filmic Pro, it has a lot of features including save to SD Card, but, unfortunately it is a paid app....
2021-2-21
Use props
djiuser_kG82vaqINk3a
New
Indonesia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-8-26 08:54

I just bought DJI OM 4  and discovered that the Mimo app that comes with it were not able to save videos on SD Card on Android Phones.

This is not acceptable as most Android phone has limited main storage but much more storage available on SD CARD.

Video files are huge, DJI MIMO should have provided an option to save video on SD Card.

WIthout this must have option , practically makes this piece of equipment useless .

Please provide option to save video to SD Card. This is a must have feature
2021-6-12
Use props
djiuser_kG82vaqINk3a
New
Indonesia

I just bought DJI OM 4  and discovered that the Mimo app that comes with it were not able to save videos on SD Card on Android Phones.

This is not acceptable as most Android phone has limited main storage but much more storage available on SD CARD.

Video files are huge, DJI MIMO should have provided an option to save video on SD Card.

WIthout this must have option , practically makes this piece of equipment useless .

NOTE:

Now we need to inform and make every friend and family and as many people as possible to AWARE that uses Android phone,
that DJI Gimbal app Do not Write to SD CARD so that they do not have to go through this issue and dissapointment

2021-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_kG82vaqINk3a Posted at 6-12 00:53
I just bought DJI OM 4  and discovered that the Mimo app that comes with it were not able to save videos on SD Card on Android Phones.

This is not acceptable as most Android phone has limited main storage but much more storage available on SD CARD.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we haven't received any updates regarding the requested feature. We will keep you posted once we have information about the said request. Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe!
2021-6-12
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-12 02:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we haven't received any updates regarding the requested feature. We will keep you posted once we have information about the said request. Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe!

This isn’t a feature that was expected to be added this was clearly advertised on your own site that was able to be done on android straight out of the box. You get a minus 10 for poor customer service.
2021-6-12
Use props
Ditchdoc
lvl.1

United States

Adding my voice to the crowd of disappointment.

I use the S20 Ultra and the OM4 gimbal.  I currently have Internal phone storage of 128GB storage and a SD Card with 464.8GB.

The entire point of this set up was to have small, portable video capture while traveling. There is no room for laptops or other editing hardware on the road. Memory has to be able to save hours of video and thousands of photos.  The OM4's inability to save video directly to SD card cripples this system and makes little sense.

Right now the only temporary solution is to frequently use a file manager on the S20 to move files manually from one location to the other. I am not exactly a computer genius but I know enough that if a file moving  operation can be done manually, it can be done programmatically.

I also realize there are potentially other issues with different phone platforms, languages, displays and so on. Nothing is ever as easy as it seems. At the same time, this is basic programming.

Please update Mimo soon.
2021-8-15
Use props
Thudandblunder
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any news on this very basic piece of functionality... When you see posts over a year old you do wonder if there's any commitment. Great piece of hw let down by a simple requirement that sure would be obvious to anyone using it!
2021-12-4
Use props
KingDavido
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-8-26 08:54

Hi, Last week I bought the new DJI OM5 for use with my Samsung S7 Edge. I've been learning to use it but found that the internal memory which is only 32gb, mostly filled with apps and only has 3gb left, is filling up fast.

I have read multiple threads talking about this and replies from DJI have responded with faulse info about setting phones to default the micro SD card save, but none of this works and many people have said this does not work.

So I ask for an update on this situation. Is there a way to set the DI Mimo app to save to the sd card and not the internal memory? If this is not possible I will have no option to return my gimbal as it does not allow me to make longer videos.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
2021-12-5
Use props
dvroegop
New

Netherlands

This is genuinely ridiculous. As mentioned before here, video files tend to get big. Especially 4K videos are memory intensive. Most phones don't have adequate storage available to hold these files. Smartphone manufacturers have long ago realized this and added the option to store files on external media: the SD card.

Adding this option to the software is trivial. I am an app developer for various platforms, and my customers would not let me get away with such a stupid omission.

I love the device itself. It allows me, as a novice videographer, to achieve great results. But I will not recommend it. The inability to shoot more than a few minutes before you have to go to the file manager and manually move files is something a non-expert smartphone user isn't able to do.

DJI, take your customers a bit more severe, and please fix this!
2022-7-20
Use props
dvroegop
New

Netherlands

Please fix this omission!

This is genuinely ridiculous. As mentioned before here, video files tend to get big. Especially 4K videos are memory intensive. Most phones don't have adequate storage available to hold these files. Smartphone manufacturers have long ago realized this and added the option to store files on external media: the SD card.

Adding this option to the software is trivial. I am an app developer for various platforms, and my customers would not let me get away with such a stupid omission.

I love the device itself. It allows me, as a novice videographer, to achieve great results. But I will not recommend it. The inability to shoot more than a few minutes before you have to go to the file manager and manually move files is something a non-expert smartphone user isn't able to do.

DJI, take your customers a bit more severe, and please fix this!
2022-7-20
Use props
woody188
New

United States

Just want to add my disappointment. Android users have been hobbled by the Mimo app. OM6 just released, you're emailing me with the announcement, wanting me to buy, but it still uses the same BROKEN Mimo app. You really can't figure out how to write to SD card many years and two new hardware releases later?

I think you're asking for a class action suit. This is clearly an example of false advertisement.
2022-9-23
Use props
djiuser_Wq03aBYoLrsS
lvl.1

United States

January 21, 2023 today. Last week I bought a DJI OM 4 SE from Best Buy and a 128 GB sd card for my phone. Today I drove up to Pompano Beach to an aircraft expo, an hour away from my house, only to find out the b-roll that I shot on the way there alone, filled up my phone's internal harddrive (I only had a few gb of free space, hence why I bought an SD card). I searched through the app and android settings unable to find a way to move the DJI Mimo storage to the SD card. Then I google to find out that this is STILL NOT POSSIBLE?!?! I am very disappointed as well. I had to sit in the parking lot at the expo for an hour trying to figure this out and in the end, was unsuccessful. How hard is it to add this option to the app??? Absolutely ridiculous. Are any of the mods or staff here the forums doing anything about this? Can you please forward this to management and the app developers? Please do something instead of sitting there replying with scripts. This function needs to be added to the app immediately or I am returning.
2023-1-21
Use props
Zolo
New

Switzerland

djiuser_Wq03aBYoLrsS Posted at 1-21 11:49
January 21, 2023 today. Last week I bought a DJI OM 4 SE from Best Buy and a 128 GB sd card for my phone. Today I drove up to Pompano Beach to an aircraft expo, an hour away from my house, only to find out the b-roll that I shot on the way there alone, filled up my phone's internal harddrive (I only had a few gb of free space, hence why I bought an SD card). I searched through the app and android settings unable to find a way to move the DJI Mimo storage to the SD card. Then I google to find out that this is STILL NOT POSSIBLE?!?! I am very disappointed as well. I had to sit in the parking lot at the expo for an hour trying to figure this out and in the end, was unsuccessful. How hard is it to add this option to the app??? Absolutely ridiculous. Are any of the mods or staff here the forums doing anything about this? Can you please forward this to management and the app developers? Please do something instead of sitting there replying with scripts. This function needs to be added to the app immediately or I am returning.

It's February 2nd, 2023. I've been hoping for an update for a year. There are questions, requests and complaints going all the way back to 2019 about this shortcoming in DJI Mimo and therefore in the whole gimbal offering. DJI advertised the ability to save to SD card, but it doesn't do it. If I had known of this crippled ability to save to sd card, I wouldn't have bought a DJI gimbal. I don't need to  add my explanation to the dozens already offered here for why this is a necessary feature. I'll avoid DJI and will let everyone who is looking at a gimbal know about this issue. Instead of offering a solution or even so much as an explanation (if it is indeed technically impossible to do this simple thing), you have only asked us to hold on.  You guys are a joke.
2023-2-3
Use props
DeathOnRedBull
New

United Kingdom

March 2023: I just bought an Osmo 6. I'm adding my voice to the long list of disappointed people with Android phones and SD cards, who can't use the SD card.

This is really, really, disappointing. Apart from this, it's a great product, but this really is a deal breaker. From this and other threads, it looks like this has been requested for 4 years.

And why isn't the app in the Google Play store?
2023-3-22
Use props
djiuser_4isvJf2tWd6S
New

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-6-12 02:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we haven't received any updates regarding the requested feature. We will keep you posted once we have information about the said request. Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe!

Still waiting for this feature,  still unable to edit out videos
2023-5-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_4isvJf2tWd6S Posted at 5-13 23:29
Still waiting for this feature,  still unable to edit out videos

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm what DJI Products are you currently using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-14
Use props
Hans Vallee
New

Canada

Hello, adding my name to the list of disappointed people. The ability to save to a SD Card is a absolute MUST. How can you guys not support this? It renders my gimble completely useless. I seriously can't believe this to be a issue in 2023. People have been screaming for this for 4 years... WTF. A simple fix... just FIX IT will you!
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_P9V6VQIgXcbX
New

France

Hello,
Om4 user with Xiaomi phone.
I've invested in a large SD card to be able to film with my gimbal and actually I can't use it together ?
Any ETA of this long awaited fix ?
2023-8-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_P9V6VQIgXcbX Posted at 8-11 02:00
Hello,
Om4 user with Xiaomi phone.
I've invested in a large SD card to be able to film with my gimbal and actually I can't use it together ?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Here are the steps on how to change the photo/video storage path of your DJI Osmo Mobile 4:

For iOS:
DJI Mimo will store photos/videos on the mobile phone's local album.

For Android:

1. By default, photos/videos will be stored on the mobile phone’s local album.
1) Whether the mobile phone’s local album can be recognized depends on the identification logic of the mobile phone system.
2) If the local album cannot be recognized, please find the photo/video through the local file path in file management.

Internal storage/DJI/dji.mimo/Camera

2. Changing to the mobile phone’s microSD card (The mobile phone system supports must support changing.)
1) Confirm that the Storage Permission has been enabled on the mobile phone’s Settings - Applications - Application Management - DJI Mimo - Permission.
2) Open the mobile phone’s Settings - Storage - Default Storage Location, and change the default storage location to the microSD card.

3. The change storage path will also be changed. The path is as follows:
sdcard/DJI/dji.mimo/Camera
4. Currently, the DJI Mimo storage path cannot be changed.
2023-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules