Mavic Mini RC Cable
5077 9 2020-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans031ff210
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16270 ft

Singapore

Mavic Mini RC will not connect to iPhone with any cable other than the factory supplied cable.  I’ve tried several after market cables, but none work.  Any suggestions?
2020-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. DJI suggest using the recommended DJI Mavic Remote Controller Cable when connecting your mobile device to your DJI Mavic Mini's remote controller for compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition I will post a link where in you can find the overview of the said remote control cables. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... ion=1&vid=19411
2020-8-25
Use props
fans031ff210
lvl.3

Singapore

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-25 19:24
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. DJI suggest using the recommended DJI Mavic Remote Controller Cable when connecting your mobile device to your DJI Mavic Mini's remote controller for compatibility and reliability purposes. In addition I will post a link where in you can find the overview of the said remote control cables. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-rc-cable?from=search-result-v2&position=1&vid=19411

Thanks for your response.  The problem is that I’m using a remote control phone holder and the factory supplied cable is not long enough. I’ve tried OTG  cables from 3 different manufacturers and none work. As suggested on other forums, I’ve even tried varying the boot sequence with no luck.  I would like to use the phone holder, but may have to stick with the factory setup.
AFBB2ED3-640D-4B11-B2C9-7B8D0DF7D9AB.jpeg
2020-8-26
Use props
fans031ff210
lvl.3

Singapore

fans031ff210 Posted at 8-26 02:51
Thanks for your response.  The problem is that I’m using a remote control phone holder and the factory supplied cable is not long enough. I’ve tried OTG  cables from 3 different manufacturers and none work. As suggested on other forums, I’ve even tried varying the boot sequence with no luck.  I would like to use the phone holder, but may have to stick with the factory setup.[Image]

After doing some further research, I discovered there are 2 types micro usb connectors.  One has an oval shape and one has a trapezoid shape (see pic below).  The Mini controller, as well as the factory supplied cable, have oval shaped connectors.  Most OTG cables employ a trapezoid shaped connector.  Not sure why that would make any difference since the pin layout seems to be identical for both.  Any thoughts on this?

As an interim solution, I have successfully used the the factory cable in conjunction with a lightening extension cable (see pic below).
8CE61974-A9A0-4404-8D9E-6B50802B667E.jpeg
81F3E824-0DCE-403B-B180-B1DD981B2197.jpeg
2020-8-27
Use props
fans031ff210
lvl.3

Singapore

Thanks for your response.  The problem is that I’m using a remote control phone holder and the factory supplied cable is not long enough. I’ve tried OTG  cables from 3 different manufacturers and none work. As suggested on other forums, I’ve even tried varying the boot sequence with no luck.  I would like to use the phone holder, but may have to stick with the factory setup.[Image]

After doing some further research, I discovered there are 2 types micro usb connectors.  One has an oval shape and one has a trapezoid shape (see pic below).  The Mini controller, as well as the factory supplied cable, have oval shaped connectors.  Most OTG cables employ a trapezoid shaped connector.  Not sure why that would make any difference since the pin layout seems to be identical for both.  Any thoughts on this?

As an interim solution, I have successfully used the the factory cable in conjunction with a lightening extension cable (see pic below).
41134129-8F6C-4C53-916D-5D0AF16B85D2.jpeg
6FB2FE1E-2F8D-4251-90E7-5C5BB08424B0.jpeg
2020-8-27
Use props
fans031ff210
lvl.3

Singapore

fans031ff210 Posted at 8-27 17:53

As an interim solution, I have successfully used the the factory cable in conjunction with a lightening extension cable (see pic below).[Image]

Sorry for the double post.
2020-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thanks for your response.  The problem is that I’m using a remote control phone holder and the factory supplied cable is not long enough. I’ve tried OTG  cables from 3 different manufacturers and none work. As suggested on other forums, I’ve even tried varying the boot sequence with no luck.  I would like to use the phone holder, but may have to stick with the factory setup.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for sharing these information on how you have fixed the said issue. This thread will be a very big help to our fellow DJI Mavic Mini co pilots who wanted to do the same setup as your. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-8-27
Use props
fans1a5d6612
lvl.1
Finland

Hi,

I bought the Mavic 2 remote controller tablet holder, and sadly there is no suitable cable from DJI.

Could not find a lightning extension in my country, so my solution that works is a USB A (OTG) A female to USB micro B male.
2020-11-12
Use props
djiuser_8OF5wxZVs1Id
New
Greece

fans1a5d6612 Posted at 2020-11-12 07:29
Hi,

I bought the Mavic 2 remote controller tablet holder, and sadly there is no suitable cable from DJI.
There is a solution that costs 1 euro. Try to use the mavic charging cable connecting to rc an adaptor like in the photo. Connect it only this way, not the other.
2021-2-24
Use props
djiuser_8OF5wxZVs1Id
New
Greece

djiuser_8OF5wxZVs1Id Posted at 2-24 08:45
There is a solution that costs 1 euro. Try to use the mavic charging cable connecting to rc an adaptor like in the photo. Connect it only this way, not the other.

2021-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules