HDR Exposure Settings
766 8 2020-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HitrackAP
lvl.3
Flight distance : 428176 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all. Long time DJI user here and probably owned every drone from DJI over the years ha. Absolutly loving the Mavic Air 2 at the minute. Bought it for the extra features that 42mp brings and 4k 60fps in a small package is a winner!

Anyways... I have found myself loving the HDR record mode in certain situations. It really is a beast in high contrast situations. I was using HDR on a sunrise in Scotland and on returning I realised I have no control over anything and its set to Auto. I understand how HDR works on the Mavic Air 2 but having no basic Manual controls....not even being able to lock off Exposure is a killer! Having reviewed the footage back home it appears having no control or even knowing what Auto has selected, has ramped up the ISO and almost ruined the shot.

If DJI are listening please give us some basic tools to work with HDR or even information on screen to see what it has decided to select and bake into the shot. If we could turn down Sharpness/Saturation/Conrast etc and have control of the image like most other DJI drones it would really help the situation. Heres hoping!!
2020-8-25
Use props
Aerial-Image.co.uk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I too have noticed the same - DJI can we have a manual HDR? + some control over Sharpness/Saturation/Contrast would be nice! - It makes the shadows very very noisy - Grrr!
2020-8-25
Use props
HitrackAP
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Aerial-Image.co.uk Posted at 8-25 10:41
I too have noticed the same - DJI can we have a manual HDR? + some control over Sharpness/Saturation/Contrast would be nice! -  It makes the shadows very very noisy - Grrr!

Yea it's such a great out of the box video mode.  Its just not reliable as it stands because of the auto settings. Even the ability to lock the exposure would help.
2020-8-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and suggestion to our designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.
2020-8-26
Use props
HitrackAP
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-26 09:00
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. I will forward this thread and suggestion to our designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.

Thank you!
2020-9-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Manual settings with HDR recording would indeed be welcome
2020-9-1
Use props
ClaudioAFC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92415 ft
Spain

HitrackAP Posted at 8-25 11:51
Yea it's such a great out of the box video mode.  Its just not reliable as it stands because of the auto settings. Even the ability to lock the exposure would help.

Agree. Exposure lock would be a godsend for this mode
2020-9-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... tweaking the settings a bit just to experiment, yes that would be very useful ...
2020-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You are more than welcome and thank your for your valued support.
2020-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules