1131 31 2020-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because the bokeh gets stronger as you go up in sensor size requiring more aperture and more ISO to achieve corner-to-corner sharpness.

I'm talking about a backpack drone.  Having a lot of mass in the air is More dangerous.
2020-8-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Because the bokeh gets stronger as you go up in sensor size requiring more aperture and more ISO to achieve corner-to-corner sharpness.
We get that you learnt the word bokeh last week and you think it's the greatest thing but it is irrelevant to your question.
Likewise you often rabbit on about corner-to-corner sharpness but confuse it with depth of field.
You don't need more aperture and more ISO to achieve corner-to-corner sharpness.
You just need a good lens and accurate focusing.

When it comes to photographic topics you know almost nothing and what you think you know is wrong.

Drone manufacturers alreadygo bigger than 1" sensors.
DJI has had two cameras with bigger sensors for a number of years.
But bigger sensors require bigger lenses and bigger gimbals and bigger drones to carry them.
And it all costs much more, so you don't see it in mass market consumer drones.
2020-8-25
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Bazinga!!
2020-8-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Oh, you're missing the whole AntDX316 show! It's one of the most entertaining episodes in this forum's history since my involvement in 2015 ...
2020-8-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-25 08:14
We get that you learnt the word bokeh last week and you think it's the greatest thing but it is irrelevant to your question.
Likewise you often rabbit on about corner-to-corner sharpness but confuse it with depth of field.

Your intelligence in this area isn't as vast as you think it is as mine.  People are taking amazing macro shots with lower aperture with less bokeh and low ISO with smartphone cameras that aren't even more than $250 because the smaller the sensor the less bokeh.

You still have that old age ways of making people believe you are right but if you compare what I've seen you would change and when you do, you probably wouldn't even post from embarassment as you would never apologize for being wrong.

I wouldn't believe it either and believe you but from what I've seen cannot be unseen.  The world is built so much on people knowing more than others and at the right time have become billionaires.  Listening to the wrong people for too long can hold you back and this is how I see religion and it's future.  It's great at keeping most people in-check working underneath people making it w/ nearly no effort, great if the afterlife is made but if problems occur on Earth it can increase the chances of making into Hell.  

Ultimately, it's always down to the presentation that makes us have the thoughts and feelings we have.  That can be done with music, sound, drama, enticing emotion, smell, feel, sight, taste, etc.  All of this is what makes people do what they do.  Knowing about how to make photos look a certain way technically is fine but changing or maintaining people through the presentations we make can be incredibly infinitely powerful.  It's the closest link to life and death, afterlife or not that I'm not entirely sure how it's not utilized more often w/ all the tech we have today other than Most likely the top people don't want people to know certain things or they have no idea.

2020-8-25
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 8-25 09:24
Oh, you're missing the whole AntDX316 show! It's one of the most entertaining episodes in this forum's history since my involvement in 2015  ...

Oh no, not missing out.
Been following  for a whilst now....
2020-8-25
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 8-25 09:49
Your intelligence in this area isn't as vast as you think it is as mine.  People are taking amazing macro shots with lower aperture with less bokeh and low ISO with smartphone cameras that aren't even more than $250 because the smaller the sensor the less bokeh.

You still have that old age ways of making people believe you are right but if you compare what I've seen you would change and when you do, you probably wouldn't even post from embarassment as you would never apologize for being wrong.

OK, now I have to go out and do "My Amends".....
2020-8-25
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

AntDX316 Posted at 8-25 09:49

Well, you're right in one thing ... The majority of humankind are sheep, controlled by a handful of sheepherders and wolves with a help of religion, power etc. This mass rarely can produce an alfa sheep, which is changing the history despite sheepherder's wish. Or - most likely - is embraced and join their's upper level. The alfa sheep, however, must be expert in a particular field of history changing idea. Unfortunately this is the quality you do not posses ...
2020-8-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You really do make up this stuff.

2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

4 of these 5 DJI cameras have sensors larger than 1"

https://www.dji.com/uk/products/ ... m=nav#camera-gimbal
2020-8-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I said backpack drone for a reason.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-25 14:25

Inspires fit in backpacks.
2020-8-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

As usual, you have grabbed the wrong end of the stick. Bokeh is primarily a property of the lens being used, it is the blur of out-of-focus parts of the image. It does not get 'stronger'. I has almost nothing to do with the size of the sensor.

Time for you to go back to internet skimming and discover another photographic term you know nothing about.
2020-8-25
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like someone saw the word "Bokeh" for the first time ever and ran with it.
He'll change his mind once he learns what focal length is or how aperture blades work.
2020-8-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

gnirtS Posted at 8-25 20:47
Looks like someone saw the word "Bokeh" for the first time ever and ran with it.
He'll change his mind once he learns what focal length is or how aperture blades work.

"He'll change his mind once he learns what focal length is or how aperture blades work."

You would think so, but he just keeps coming back with more phrases he does not understand.
2020-8-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 14:49
Inspires fit in backpacks.

I had one.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So you already knew that Inspires fit in backpacks and that DJI offer several Zenmuse cameras with sensors larger than 1"? So it's safe to conclude that you were aware that drone manufactures already go bigger than 1" in drones that fit in backpacks. So why knowingly create a thread with an incorrect title? Very odd.
2020-8-25
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 23:02
So you already knew that Inspires fit in backpacks and that DJI offer several Zenmuse cameras with sensors larger than 1"? So it's safe to conclude that you were aware that drone manufactures already go bigger than 1" in drones that fit in backpacks. So why knowingly create a thread with an incorrect title? Very odd.

I'm saying the sales are greater if they continue to make drones 1" or smaller as they find out people are more willing to buy a drone that is $800 than $1.5k.  It just would be nice if the M2Z had the sensor off the Mavic Air 2 though.
No one seems to care about the M2Z much anymore.
2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-25 23:22
I'm saying the sales are greater if they continue to make drones 1" or smaller as they find out people are more willing to buy a drone that is $800 than $1.5k.

Sensor size doesn't dictate price. The MA2, for example, has a 1/2" sensor and costs less than the M2Z with 1/2.3" sensor. It may be quite a while but I think we'll see portable drones like the Mavic series with cameras having larger than 1" sensors at affordable price points - it's called innovation.

Also, as an example, if a DJI store sell say 10 Inspire 2 drones at $10,000 each and make a $4,000 profit on each sale then sell 100 Mavic Air 2's at $1000 per unit but only make a $300 profit on each sale then the Inspire 2 product line is more profitable by 10% despite only selling 10% of the volume when compared to the MA2. Point being that the volume of products sold does not directly correlate to the biggest profit line for a company. That said, you never previously mentioned profit lines and consumer affordability as the rationale for your thread - just bokeh.
2020-8-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

A J Posted at 8-25 23:39
Sensor size doesn't dictate price. The MA2, for example, has a 1/2" sensor and costs less than the M2Z with 1/2.3" sensor. It may be quite a while but I think we'll see portable drones like the Mavic series with cameras having larger than 1" sensors at affordable price points - it's called innovation.

Also, as an example, if a DJI store sell say 10 Inspire 2 drones at $10,000 each and make a $4,000 profit on each sale then sell 100 Mavic Air 2's at $1000 per unit but only make a $300 profit on each sale then the Inspire 2 product line is more profitable by 10% despite only selling 10% of the volume when compared to the MA2. Point being that the volume of products sold does not directly correlate to the biggest profit line for a company. That said, you never previously mentioned profit lines and consumer affordability as the rationale for your thread - just bokeh.

It's a waste of effort to take bokeh-brain seriously or to try to talk sense to the village idiot.
He caught the train to crazy town and loves nothing more than having a few more passengers to chat with..

2020-8-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 8-25 23:53
It's a waste of effort to take bokeh-brain seriously or to try to talk sense to the village idiot.
He caught the train to crazy town and loves nothing more than having a few more passengers to chat with..

I get that impression
2020-8-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

AntDX316 Posted at 8-25 14:25

I left picture of case in the photo, and you can put it on your back if you choose. This drone has been carried up many mountains.

Drones by and large are landscape tools, bokeh is not usually associated with landscapes. So once again the lunatic is trying to run the asylum .
2020-8-26
Use props
RK7dronzy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

I have to say give him his due he gets you lot going every time he posts anything. Keep up the entertainment it better than the crap we all having to put up with at the moment.
2020-8-26
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Ok, let's wait for "Cutis" to chime in.........
2020-8-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-25 23:39

Also, as an example, if a DJI store sell say 10 Inspire 2 drones at $10,000 each and make a $4,000 profit on each sale then sell 100 Mavic Air 2's at $1000 per unit but only make a $300 profit on each sale then the Inspire 2 product line is more profitable by 10% despite only selling 10% of the volume when compared to the MA2. Point being that the volume of products sold does not directly correlate to the biggest profit line for a company. That said, you never previously mentioned profit lines and consumer affordability as the rationale for your thread - just bokeh.

The M2Z has an optical zoom not digital.  For photography it's amazing to have that 48mm reach.
2020-8-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 8-26 04:55
I left picture of case in the photo, and you can put it on your back if you choose. This drone has been carried up many mountains.

Drones by and large are landscape tools, bokeh is not usually associated with landscapes. So once again the lunatic is trying to run the asylum .

I meant carry-on backpack size but it's not even backpack size it's like handbag size.
2020-8-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-26 21:28
The M2Z has an optical zoom not digital.  For photography it's amazing to have that 48mm reach.

Point being that the sensor is smaller but the drone costs more given your statement in post 24 where you said that DJI can keep the costs down by having a smaller sensor...
2020-8-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably wouldn't be worth the R&D cost to develop what you want as very few people would buy it.
2020-8-27
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-27 00:16
Point being that the sensor is smaller but the drone costs more given your statement in post 24 where you said that DJI can keep the costs down by having a smaller sensor...

When you are flying under high-winds w/ an inspector next to you trying to get an area of wind damage that is super small with OA going off like crazy and you flying closer risking crashing into the chimney or something but zooming in to 48MP makes it where you can see the detailed rust on the screws of the thing cover is just amazing.

It would be cool to have more use for the M2Z but I never have jobs where it matters.  It's not marketed and utilized as good as it should imo.  It's not even on the radar of inspectors as all the other drones are good enough.  The risk is on our side when we have to fly closer to get a good shot.  I can't use the M2Z w/ another inspector as he prefers only P4PV2.0.
2020-8-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-27 09:17
When you are flying under high-winds w/ an inspector next to you trying to get an area of wind damage that is super small with OA going off like crazy and you flying closer risking crashing into the chimney or something but zooming in to 48MP makes it where you can see the detailed rust on the screws of the thing cover is just amazing.

It would be cool to have more use for the M2Z but I never have jobs where it matters.  It's not marketed and utilized as good as it should imo.  It's not even on the radar of inspectors as all the other drones are good enough.  The risk is on our side when we have to fly closer to get a good shot.  I can't use the M2Z w/ another inspector as he prefers only P4PV2.0.

I thought the topic was sensor size?
2020-8-27
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 8-27 09:45
I thought the topic was sensor size?

I was thinking the M2Z was smaller than 1/2" when I posted and felt it was being undermined.  When I read a comment I forget what the original topic was.

I was thinking the MA2 would be a far better option than the M2Z but due to marketing the M2Z isn't seen correctly.  If money is tight you probably don't need more than an MA2 but you want sharp photographic images with reach the M2Z, even under High-winds, it can 100% do it.
2020-8-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-27 10:20
I was thinking the M2Z was smaller than 1/2" when I posted and felt it was being undermined.  When I read a comment I forget what the original topic was.

I was thinking the MA2 would be a far better option than the M2Z but due to marketing the M2Z isn't seen correctly.  If money is tight you probably don't need more than an MA2 but you want sharp photographic images with reach the M2Z, even under High-winds, it can 100% do it.

Fair enough
2020-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules